new website

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by ian, Feb 11, 2002.

1. ian

ian New Member

alright folks. i am attempting to put together a website to help model railroaders, like you! it's been about a week, and have had some good feedback. please go to the Model Railroad Help Center adn tell me what you think. any and all submissions for the website are needed! please help out fellas.

Ian
  2. YakkoWarner

YakkoWarner Member

looks like a good resource. I spent about 10 min. poking around, good info, easy to navigate, but that *@%! pop-up everytime you open a page is annoying.
  3. shamus

shamus Registered Member

4. rockislandmike

rockislandmike Active Member

Ditto Yakko. I hate Tripod, and all the others that do that too.
  5. billk

billk Active Member

I agree that the pop-ups are annoying, but it's my impression that it's a way of "footing the bill", so to speak. Is this right or am I confused as usual?
  6. justind

justind Member

pop-ups

I am using Angelfire and fight with the same prob...

To make it less annoying, just minimize the first popup instead of closing it. As long as it is open, no more will open. When you leave the site, just close the popup...
  7. ian

ian New Member

thanks for the support guys. i admit, the pop-up is lousy. i am looking for a new provider literally as we speak. yes, just minimize the ad, and you won't have to deal with it popping up every time. i always give full credit to whomever submits anything Shamus, i never try to pawn it off as my own. thanks again fellas, and feel free to send anything, pictures, articles, hate mail, whatever. ;)

Ian
  8. Bob Collins

Bob Collins Active Member

I find the black writing on the dark blue background very difficult to read. I'm basically lazy, so if I have to struggle to read it, I won't..........

Bob
  9. ian

ian New Member

for some reason, the links won't respond to my code changes for color. im still tryin to turn the @!$$%# things around. i know, it's hard for me to read as well. but hey, it's a work in progress site. :)
  10. ian

ian New Member

you are absolutely correct. they sell ad space to companies. the companies pyrchase it knowing that thousand of people make web-pages with Tripod and the other sites every day. therefore, the consumers that see the ad increas exponentially with every web-page added to the network. unfortunately, it just pisses us off, doesnt make us want to buy anything.
  11. choffman41

choffman41 Certified Grump

I also had my page on Tripod. I downloaded a freebie program off the net called SIP (surf in peace) which is supposed to kill those pop ups and did fairly well but it's another thing loaded in memory. I finally moved my stuff to my local ISP's server and now am rid of the lousy pop-ups.
    Chuck Hoffman
    http://www.members.goldrush.com/~choffman41/index.html