New U.S.S. Xerxes 1:1700

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by sidewinder81777, Jun 8, 2009.

1. sidewinder81777

sidewinder81777 Midnight Modeler

Well this all started when I was building Diego Cortes' model of this ship yesterday. I just wasn't happy with the shape of the saucer and a few other things so I decided to make a new version using Cmags mod of Shunichi Makino's Enterprise-A as a basis (Shunichi's basic components seem to be the standard for ships of the TMP era in card modeling anyway, and I like the extra level of detail on Cmags nacelles). Anyway here it is, Im just waiting for Shunichi's permission to distribute it.

I believe I will also go ahead and make the refit version of the Ptolemy Class Transport/Tug

And maybe even the refit Federation Class Dreadnought!
  2. mchale

mchale beach boy

cool i can't wait for these. diego's xerxes was not that great. i made my own it was a 24th century version called uss enterprise ncc-1701- a 2.0 .
  3. trekman1017

trekman1017 Member

4. sidewinder81777

5. Gomidefilho

Gomidefilho Member

Looks great! Thank's for the model!!!!
  6. hawkman67

hawkman67 Member

Thanks for the fleet addition!!!
    looks good!
  7. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Nice work - looking forward to more additions too. its fun seeing them come together.
  8. THE DC

THE DC Member

Cool Nacelles

A Ptolomy II class would rock something fierce!

The DC
  9. Falwin

Falwin New Member

USS Xerxes Download Problems

Hi sidewinder81777, Thanks for that really nice piece of work!

Sadly, right up to this moment, MediaFire keeps telling me repeatedly

The page cannot be found

Is this a mistake in the provided link, or a MediaFire hicup?

Greetings from Vienna,
  10. sidewinder81777

Mediafire is having issues today I cant even get to my files wall1
  11. Falwin

Falwin New Member

Now You see it....

Right now MediaFire is up and running again, but watch your step just in case...

Just one simple question, sidewinder81777: is your Xerxes in scale with Shunichi Makino's Enterprise (because i don´t know that model´s scale),
    and if it isn´t, could you provide those of use mad modelers who like it BIG with a version in the appropriate scale?
    (Hint: i´ve got an A3-printer, and i´m not afraid to use it!)

Aaaaand, most important of all, i am already really grateful for the model you have presented us with!

(As in "We are unworthy! We are unworthy!" :inw: :inw:)

Greetings from Vienna,
  12. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

This model is 1:1700 scale, while Sunichi's model is 1:1000 scale.

I like it, Sidewinder! It's a perfect addition to my fleet. Would you consider making an assortment of new parts with additional registration numbers? Perhaps just the panels that contain names and registration numbers instead of whole saucer and warp engine parts.
  13. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Mediafire stinks... :) (Nothing personal!)

I have made this offer before to others and no one ever takes me up on it but I will offer it anyway. Maybe now that more people have heard of my business it will go further ;)

I will offer free hosting to anyone that would like free hosting for a free card model related site. I wont allow sales as that would be direct competition for me so that would be silly!

You would get a subdomain that would look something like (no this does not exist so dont click it) I also will not allow ftp access to the server as this is where I keep all my business files. However I can install several types of software instantly for you to use on your site...

Blogs[​IMG] b2evolution [​IMG] Nucleus [​IMG] WordPress Classifieds[​IMG] Noahs Classifieds Content Management[​IMG] Drupal [​IMG] Geeklog [​IMG] Joomla 1.5 [​IMG] Joomla [​IMG] Mambo [​IMG] PHP-Nuke [​IMG] phpWCMS [​IMG] phpWebSite [​IMG] Post-Nuke [​IMG] Siteframe [​IMG] TYPO3 [​IMG] Xoops Customer Relationship[​IMG] Crafty Syntax Live Help [​IMG] Help Center Live [​IMG] osTicket [​IMG] PerlDesk [​IMG] PHP Support Tickets [​IMG] Support Logic Helpdesk [​IMG] Support Services Manager Discussion Boards[​IMG] phpBB [​IMG] SMF E-Commerce[​IMG] CubeCart [​IMG] OS Commerce [​IMG] Zen Cart F.A.Q.[​IMG] FAQMasterFlex Hosting Billing[​IMG] AccountLab Plus [​IMG] phpCOIN Image Galleries[​IMG] 4Images Gallery [​IMG] Coppermine Photo Gallery [​IMG] Gallery Mailing Lists[​IMG] PHPlist Polls and Surveys[​IMG] Advanced Poll [​IMG] LimeSurvey [​IMG] phpESP Project Management[​IMG] dotProject [​IMG] PHProjekt Site Builders[​IMG] Soholaunch Pro Edition [​IMG] Templates Express Wiki[​IMG] TikiWiki CMS/Groupware [​IMG] PhpWiki Other Scripts[​IMG] Dew-NewPHPLinks [​IMG] Moodle [​IMG] Open-Realty [​IMG] phpAdsNew [​IMG] PHPauction [​IMG] phpFormGenerator [​IMG] WebCalendar

I am considering upgrading my site to allow me to host actual sites for people so they can have their own control panels etc but I dont really know if that a smart move right now economically.
    Let me know if you are interested...
  14. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Hey cgutzmer, is there a reason that this thread keeps asking me to input my username and password? :confused:
  15. sidewinder81777

I noticed that too Millennium. Thats awesome Chris! I think I just might have to take you up on it, let me whip up a website and I'll email it to you and you can do that magic you do.
  16. cmags

cmags Guest

Ditto on the password prompt - must have something to do with the pasted in list of services I figure. You might want to pull that out and paste it into notepad and then back into here.

And that's a great offer Chris, I don't think I'll take advantage of it for the time being but may in the future. Very generous of you! Be sure to get some free advert out of it tho, say a discrete banner on those sites you host free. I'm sure they won't mind anyway.
  17. jacberk

jacberk Old Fart - New Member

As I write this, Diego Cortes' Xerxes sits half built on my desk. I warped the saucer and stalled on the nacelle. Your update couldn't come at a better time. Thanks sidewinder81777! Now we got a Xerxes 505 Refit and a Xerxes 505-A. Variety and variations; always a winner. Way too cool!
  18. Darth Windius

Darth Windius Member

Hello Sidewinter,

Great job, and nice refit:thumb::thumb:

Maybe it's possible to re-scale to 1/1000....

Thanks for all :wave::wave::wave: