new train record today

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by rogerw, Apr 4, 2007.

1. rogerw

rogerw Active Member

france set a new train record today . It went 357 miles per hour ssswwwwwwwwuuuusssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  2. rogerw

rogerw Active Member

thats on conventional track
  3. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

I heard that on the radio on the way home from work (while traveling 40 MPH) :) and was amazed. What must it be like to be a passenger watching the world zoom by like that!?
  4. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

That sounds wicked cool but just think of the derailment possiblities..... :eek:
  5. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

6. Dave Flinn

Dave Flinn Member

I also heard that, now that they have done that, the regular trains will be running at a reduced speed of 200 mph.
  7. Rector

Rector New Member

Hats off to the French for this new record. Yes their regular train service will crawl by at a meager 200 mph - just as it has done for some years now. I don't know about others but when I ride a train I like to see the detail of the scenery/buildings/other trains passing by at a slightly more leisurely pace - without being strapped into my seat feeling G-force! (No matter how good the wine is!):thumb:
  8. Cannonball

I'm givin' 'er all she's got, Cap'n! She's only a V150!

Attached Files:

9. rogerw

rogerw Active Member

scotty I need full power
  10. cnw1961

cnw1961 Member

11. rogerw

rogerw Active Member

I watched that video and see those people riding and I cant help but think thats what it would be like to ride in a lionel train. You know those that have two speeds, fast and faster. lol neat video
  12. Cannonball

13. Jim Krause

Jim Krause Active Member

Train watchers have to be in position and have a high shutter speed to catch one of those. No train chasing unless you have a fast airplane.