new to the forum

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by B&Mfan, Feb 24, 2008.

1. B&Mfan

B&Mfan New Member

Hello everyone. I am a fellow n scaler looking to be part of a model railroad community like yourselves. I am a huge fan of the Boston & Maine railroad as I am from New England. I model the steam/diesel transition and am in the process of dismantling my old layout and starting a new one. I enjoy looking at other people's work to gain ideas and insights into our hobby. Hopefully you will be hearing/seeing my own progress. Until then, good bye.

2. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Welcome aboard Chris! Best wishes on starting the new layout. That's always an exciting time. I have some B&M freight cars on my Penn Central themed layout. I always liked their loco schemes too.
  3. rogerw

rogerw Active Member

Welcome Chris:wave:
  4. B&Mfan

B&Mfan New Member

Thanks guys
  5. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

Welcome aboard, Chris.

6. Biased turkey

Biased turkey Active Member

Welcome Chris, you are at the right place here at The Gauge with a bunch of friendly members always willing to help.

7. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

Hey a B & M Fan...all-right! (Having flown for Pan part of Guilford...or is Guilford part of Pan Am - it's getting hard to keep up - I like watching those new england diesels run through the fall colors.)

8. umtrr-author

umtrr-author Member

Welcome aboard!

For prototype information on the B&M, you might consider checking out the BM_RR YahooGroup as well.

Glad to have you!
  9. Welcome aboard Chris I hope you enjoy this forum.I sure have. Steve Church Milwaukee Road Iowa Division
  10. scubadude

scubadude Member

RGBBIGBOY New Member

You will find alot of good advice here!!!!
  12. B&Mfan

B&Mfan New Member

Thanks everybody. I check out the forum at least once a day. Lots of helpfull advice and knowledge being shared. I'm currently laying track (positioning) for my new layout. I will try to post pics when I get the track/cork in place. I am modeling the Boston and Maine during the early 50's. Not quite sure which part of the B&M, but I do have Canadian National & Rutland locos. The B&M shared trackage with these roads and the Central Vermont in the Bellows Falls, Vt area. I'll keep everyone posted as soon as finalize the track/cork milestone.

13. Biased turkey

Biased turkey Active Member

I'm modeling the Canadian National ( there is some CN trackage 50 yards down the road ) , but I didn't know that CN shares some trackage with the B&M. Another good opportunity for me to purchase some "foreign" engines and rolling stock for my layout.
    Can you please suggest a good quality ( reliable ) B&M 4 axles diesel engine.
    I'm looking forward to see the first pictures of your layout.

14. 2-8-2

2-8-2 Member