New plan - opinions?

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by TrainNut, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Seaboard

Seaboard Member

Your layout plans look alot better than mine Trainut, and looks alot more sophisticated when you look at it. More fun at least. I still love that mountain tunnel scene you did, It looks awesome!:thumb:
  2. woodone

woodone Member

Well it sure looks good!:thumb: Is the plan for what we see in the photos? Where is the roundhouse( notice that I did not misspell roundhouse)as before? Keep up the good work and post your progress as you move forward.
    In your (before the last plan), I could not see where the reverse loop was, with the updated plan and photos it is clear now!
  3. bigsteel

bigsteel Call me Mr.Tinkertrain

i didnt know amtrak served mines!:D great looking layout though,and good idea for reaching the hidden tracks.--josh
  4. jesso

jesso Member

I love that mountain! :thumb: How is the canyon coming along?
  5. MadHatter

MadHatter Charging at full tilt.

I see, on your layout Amtrak is doing an excursion to the local mine, cool.... How much are the tickits??

Great design by the way, can't wait to see it in a more complete form.....
  6. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

Well, I must thank you all for the fine comments.
    Woodone - yes the plan is for the layout in the pictures. I originally removed the roundhouse from the plan but due to popular demand, I have revisited that idea and it has kind of grown on me so I put it back on the last shown plan.
    Jesso - Once I did the barest minimum I could to the bridges, work on the canyon pretty much came to a halt. I was not sure what to do next and so I moved to the left end instead. I'm glad I did because now that I am going to add in another 3' just south of the canyon, things will change ever so slightly.
    MadHatter - the Amtrak excursion up to the mine was a "spur" of the moment trip. There was a group of backpackers that came into town at the last moment and some fine young engineer jumped at the chance to pull a single coach up the old roadbed for a weekend campout.

Hey guys, I have a newer and more complete thread on this layout here...
    Hopefully that will lessen some of the confusion. Comments are always welcome! Check it out and let me know what you think. Thanks.