New Model Railroader !!

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by fifer, Mar 7, 2006.

1. fifer

fifer Active Member

Today we welcomed our first grandson Gavin Christopher Faivre into our lives and he already owns a Lionel Crayola Set. I have had it stoed brand new for about 7 years.
    We kinda like him already!!! :) :) :)

This picture he is about 15 minutes old.

Mike :wave:
  2. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

CONGRATULATIONSbounce7 balloon6 :thumb:
  3. cidchase

cidchase Active Member

And look, he came already equipped with 5-DCC!!:D

Congrats, Mike, we mean it!!:thumb: :thumb:
  4. nachoman

nachoman Guest

That made me smile :D

5. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Where's my cigar?:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

bounce7 balloon6 train97 Congratulationstrain97 balloon6 bounce7
  6. liven_letdie

liven_letdie Member

The lionel crayons are a great idea, but I see overalls and an engineers cap soon....perfect fit....Congradulations!!!:thumb:
  7. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Don't forget the train whistle (only for at home with mom and dad!)! Congrats, our grandsons love trains!
  8. Gary S.

Gary S. Senior Member

That is hilarious!

Mike, congrats on the new arrival, that is one good looking kid, tailormade for some spoiling from grandpa.
  9. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Try not to spoil him too much :) :)

And yeah - the whistle is for "mom & Dad's house only!!" sign1 balloon6
  10. Papa Bear

Papa Bear Member

11. fifer

fifer Active Member

Thanks All you guys.
    I am already busy trying to figure out how to get him intrested in Trains , Nascar,and Traveling and buying him really loud toys that are too big to bring to Gramas and Granpas and stocking up on lots of candy and other assorted sugars!!!

12. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

So you got a real program ready to spoil your grandson, eh!

Congratulations to your grandson, Mike! He will have a happy fortune, when his Granddad is so concerned about showing him the really interesting things in life! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

However, go easy on candy stuff - dentist bills aren't exactly cheap! :eek: (But for the moment this won't bother him much, I think. :D:D:D)

13. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

Our first grandson was 1 year old in January. Shortly before he turned one someone on The Gauge posted a thread about the Whittle Short Line wooden trains. Guess what he is getting from his grand pa on his second birthday?
  14. kf4jqd

kf4jqd Active Member

Congratulations! A new railfan has entered the world!

15. davidstrains

davidstrains Active Member

I bought our first son a little HO train set for his first Christmas. I still have it 40 years later. He is not really a modeler-nor handy with things mechanical, so it is just as well. The problem is that I model n-scale.:) :)
  16. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Do I see Thomas in the future?
  17. Wyomingite

Wyomingite Member

Ron sign1 sign1 :thumb: :thumb: :wave: :wave:

18. RobertInOntario

RobertInOntario Active Member

Congratulations !!!

My youngest son, who is now 5, was exposed to trains from his earliest days and has always liked them! So maybe the same thing will happen with your grandson?