ESE999

I just wanted to say Hi and let everyone know I'm here. I don't know why I didn't join a train forum earlier, I've been into them for a decade (half my life)! I have trains in HO, O, and N. My O guage locomotive collection currently is:
Lionel:
Wabash Atlantic
Great Northern RS3
Alaska Railroad GP9
K-Line:
New York Central Pacific
Illinois Central Gulf S2
MTH
Intercity Trolley

rekline

Oct 20, 2006
Somewhere in New England
Welcome Micheal,

Lots of good stuff on here to help. I grew up down the street from you in Chili near the old NYC line (was Conrail when I was a kid) now I think it is CSX and quite active the last time I was there.

Welcome again.

ESE999

Where I'm living is rather limited in size, so modeling is also limited for the time being. In N-Scale, A transisition era Santa Fe section (generic, nothing specific) set in the prairie (keeps mountains to minimum, lol). In HO I have still to start a layout. When I do start one though, it'll probably be New York Central. The story is that, right before I moved to the small place I'm at now, I started HO, had a simple 4x8 in the basement with 2 loops and two trains made up almost entirely of life-like products. Then I had to move, so I thought I'd give N a try since the place is small. Then, after finishing highschool I had more money all of a sudden, so I decide to pick up O27/O gauge. That is currently in a put-away-when-done state, but I have quite a few buildings (I'm addicted to building kits LOL). My plans for 027 layout I plan to be as realistic as possible (as much as HO, N), but it won't be any specific line. However, I have been trying to find a set of Illinois Central 15" passenger cars. I have one coach already.

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Hi and welcome aboard. I'm working with HO right now but after the @%#* snow goes away going to start a G scale garden layout and later this fall going to build an under the tree N scale table and maybe try my had at end/coffee table layouts also in N.

Rick

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Welcome Michael! I have a friend who built an N scale coffee table layout. It turned out nicely but he finds he doesn't operate it much. I wonder if covering it with glass and putting it in the living room makes it more furniture than layout?
Ralph