New engines hit the rails!

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
A Athearn JD train set got me back into Model RR. This year for Christmas one of my sons found a # JD collector car set with bill boards in a pawn shop and gave it to me. Well, i kinda like the more modern stuff way better than steam but when I got that set I knew that at least one steamer was in my future.

Well this is what I got from another member on the board here and what a sweet deal it was. $35 for these engines!

Today was my first chance to run them!

Picture208.JPG

AHM 0-8-0..used but runs great!
Picture214.JPG

IHC 4-6-2..NIB! very nice!
Picture213.JPG

4-6-2 with the DJ laqsh up in tow.
Picture211.JPG

Picture209.JPG

Picture210.JPG

The 4yo grandson was here to help and very excited about this!

As you can see I do have my foam down.....gotta get off the dime and get my real track nd road bed and get it put down.

Rick

Jan 15, 2007
Seattle, Washington
Hey, the AHM 0-8-0 looks a lot like the IHC 0-8-0 UP Switcher I just got. How does it run?

Nice on both of them. I really am trying not to run any steamers with less than 8 drive wheels lol...so much for the dinky ATSF.

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Eric, nice to know about the coupler but.....all my cars are Kadee equiped...LOL.

Runs great, pulls good, very nice low speed operations!

My Nephew just left after running em for a little while, he's very much in love with em too!

Rick

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Josh...I just got em....they will be used for excursion trains so clean is good...!

Going to have to get a couple of older style passanger cars to go with em.

Rick