Nevada-Arizona

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
krokodil said:
Dear Friends

I will be in Nevada-Arizona area from Apr.23nd to Apr. 28th. Is there any event worth to visit.

Thank you very much for any input.
:wave:
Eugen
(Austria)
Depends on where in Nevada and Arizona you will be. I'm assuming that you are going to be in Las Vegas and will visit Hoover Dam while you're there. How about visiting the Grand Canyon by train? Anyway, What kind of "events" are you looking for, train-related or otherwise? I would think your itinerary is pretty much in place by now, but let us know where you'll be visiting and we can make a few suggestions.

krokodil

Nov 20, 2003
Austria
www.railfilm.net
Hi Don

thank you for the reply. I was thinking about railroad and modelrailroad related events. I am quite familiar with the area around Las Vegas-Grand Canyon, probably this time I will go somewhere else (up to 5-6 hours from LV).

babydot94513

Member in training
Sep 1, 2002
Brentwood, Ca
Visit site
If you are willing to make a 5-6 hour road trip then you have to go to Tehachapi in California. There are restricted access spots and I will let others fill in the gaps, but this is one of several "must see" spots.

JD

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
krokodil said:
Hi Don

thank you for the reply. I was thinking about railroad and modelrailroad related events. I am quite familiar with the area around Las Vegas-Grand Canyon, probably this time I will go somewhere else (up to 5-6 hours from LV).
If you are able to make it, I highly recommend going to Sedona. The red rocks there are breathtaking to say the least. About 20 minutes out of Sedona is the Verde Valley RR. That's in Clarksdale and takes runs about 20 miles and back down the Verde Canyon, about a three-hour round trip. It's a much more impressive trip than the Grand Canyon RR since there really isn't a destination, it's all about the scenery. I've got a thread here with pics from our October trip, I'll link you to it if you are interested.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
here's one link to some pics I took on October:

Sedona/Verde Canyon

And another from an earlier trip that included Jerome

Jerome

Jerome is a "ghost town" that is way up on a hill not that far from the Verde Valley RR. It's possible to drive around Sedona, take the railroad tour, go up to Jerome and even see some Indian ruins all in one day.

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
I would second Don's suggestion, the Verde Valley is one of the most beautiful rides I've ever taken anywhere. If you do come over the line into Ca., I would suggest going to www.socalrailfan.com, and register there. Between L.V. and Tehachapie is Cajon Pass. There are guys on the So Cal Railfan Forum that are up at either Cajon or Tehachapie all the time. They are very friendly people who will go out of their way to help out a visitor.