Netscape 7.0

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by kf4jqd, Sep 2, 2002.

1. kf4jqd

kf4jqd Active Member

I just want to warn everyone that Netscape 7.0 has some bugs in it. After I downloaded it and installed it. I went to my homepage. It's really messed it up! :( It also messed up other sites. So, use IE or an older version for awhile.

I thought you should know,
  2. pierce

pierce New Member

Yeah, Microsoft makes windows so netscapewint work right
  3. IMRL393

IMRL393 Member

We are REQUIRED to use Explorer (and Outlook) on the University system, so I haven't been able to use Netscape for a while. It was also the last time my home e-mail worked!

MicroSoft-Borg: "Resistance is futile - you WILL be assimilated!"

- George
  4. Sir_Prize

Sir_Prize Member

I've come to find in my PC work that ever
    since AOL purchased Netscape it's gone bad. :mad: :mad:
    It seems they're running it into the
    ground so that Joe Civilian will turn to them or Gatedom.
    I'll step off my soapbox now. :)
  5. Roger Hensley

Roger Hensley Member

If you really look at it, you will find that netscape hasn't 'messed it up'. MS is using proprietary commands that don't match the WW3 consortium html coding. If it isn't viewable with IE, Netscape and Opera, then it probably isn't written correctly.
  6. Dave Flinn

Dave Flinn Member

Well, I put Netscape 6 on my wife's machine many moons ago and it fouled things up there, so we went back to IE. Have had no real problems since.

On my machine, I've been using Opera for several months and am very pleased with it.
  7. msh

msh Member

I don't want to start a Netscape/IE war here in the grand DCC style, but I will only relate this. Before there was IE anything I was using netscape - version 1.2 or something. I didn't know then that it was to become the program it is today, but it was all that was available at the time to a user like me. Then IE came along - free. ooooh! I liked it better for one thing and it wasn't the money - I didn't have to tell it what to do with the content it found by installing plugins or patches. It just worked and that's it. I've used it for my personal computing ever since. It has never fouled up a PC, overwritten an IP stack, required add-ons or otherwise given nearly perfect performance. Sorry Netscape - you have not been able to provide that, and I bid you farewell.