Need ideas for decal making and building materials..

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by tomustang, Dec 2, 2008.

1. tomustang

tomustang Has Entered.

I am a novice at all this,

I know I cant find the decals I want since no one makes them I could buy a Decal maker and create my own, anyone goes this route? Is there HO specific software for this? I am good at photo-shopping images but the size-to-print would probably be hard for me.

I did buy a "Testors Decal Maker" the basic one was at wal mart for $2.50 so I grabbed it but it only has flame decals for cars, no custom ones, Testors said custom is in the Deluxe kit.

Whats a good filler for cracks or an overlay?
    I know I can do some research myself online but for now I have materials laying around that I could save like foam. As for cardboard and thin wood what thickness have you guys found best for building?

I'm sure I'll have more question but for now I'm cooking. :mrgreen:
  2. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

I think the filler I've used is called Squadron putty. It is green in color. On styrene buildings that are made to look like concrete, a strip of styrene covering the joint to look like a pilaster(right word and spelling?) is effective. For brick buildings, you can do something similar with a strip of brick material. Another effective way to hide a seam might be a downspout, and I've seen models of brick buildings with ivy growing up the sides of the building hiding any flaws.
  3. tomustang

tomustang Has Entered.

4. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

5. tomustang

tomustang Has Entered.