Need HO scale chain link fence............

Jun 18, 2004
barboursville, wv
Hello everyone, does anyone know where i can buy some descent HO scale chain link fence? I have the Walthers kind, but its too difficult to assemble. Any and all recomendations are appreciated. Thanks!:wave:

COMBAT

Oct 28, 2006
Phoenix
Sun screen, a razor and straight edge will allow you to cut it in any lengths. It's REALLY cheap and for posts you can use all kinds of stuff. Small pieces of metal cut to lengeth ect. The choices are ENDLESS! :)

EngineerKyle

Oct 3, 2005
Troy MI
There is this stuff people have been using for gift ribbons and wedding decorations. It's not been around too long. I super-glued the material to a fence I made out of little brass posts I got from the "beading" section at Jo Ann Fabrics and some piano wire. This meshlike "ribbon", I'll call it, comes in many colors and widths and even has a stiffener along the edge.

Here's how it came out;

[FONT=&quot]
arv.sized.jpg

CHEERS!

[/FONT]

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
I do mine with .020" brass wire and silver tulle (tool), the material used for bridal veils and such. The razor wire is spiral wound .010" steel wire wrapped around a 1/8" dowel. The difficult part is to keep wayward fingers off as the corner can tell...sigh...

Attachments

• chainlink.jpg
    chainlink.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 128

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I've got a Design Preservation kit (gold edition) that has a chain link fence in it. They seem to use that Tulle material as well, streched over cast metal fromework that you can probably duplicate with brass or alluminum tubing.

Torpedo

Jan 20, 2007
COMBAT said:
I messed up, it is bridal stuff you use, not bug screen. Sorry. I knew what I ment. LOL :)

Sun screen, a razor and straight edge....

It took me a loooooong time to get bug screen out of that. At first, all I got was a mental picture of a psycho wandering the beach in Florida, sizing up a victim. sign1 sign1 sign1