Need help!

CybJunior

Aug 30, 2005
Can anyone tell me what materials are used to build the mountains ground and stuff like that for the railroad. It's very important for me.:confused:

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
There are alot companies that make modeling material for our needs but woodland scenics seems to have a real good package of stuff including videos books and instructional kits.
That being said there are many different ways to create mountians, to eacu his own, cardboard strips woven together w./plaster soaked paper towels, foam blocks glued and texture, premade foam tunnels, and insulating foam that comes in a spray can are a couple of methods that come to mind.
You would probably do better coming up w./ specific questions on what you would like do at that particular time. Good luck , Pat.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
CybJunior said:
Can anyone tell me what materials are used to build the mountains ground and stuff like that for the railroad. It's very important for me.:confused:
Welcome to the Gauge CJr. As Pat says, you've touched on a broad subject. If you ask 10 people how they do that, you're going to get 20 different answers. When I started, I did buy a few books on making scenery, and still use them as reference. Kalmbach has a whole series of books (look here), several of which have techniques on just what you're looking for. Look in our Academy for information on some how-to's, and Paul Templar, (Shamus) has a free downloadable CD that has some really good tips. I'll search for it, but I think he posted something recently here in the general forum regarding where to find it.

Feel free to ask specific questions, there's always someone here that can help.