Nashville star new units

Discussion in 'The Real Thing- North America' started by pennman, Sep 13, 2006.

1. pennman

pennman Member

Just a look at whats in the paint shop for Nashville, looks like a GP9 and an fp40h waiting for paint.

Attached Files:

2. brakie

brakie Active Member

First that old gal is a GP7..Yes its always nice to see old geeps get a face lift..That means they will be around for some time to come.:D
  3. railohio

railohio Active Member

They've had the F40s for a couple months now.

Who's paint shop are they at?
  4. pennman

pennman Member

whos shop

Thats the Nashville & Easterns shop. Sorry thought it was a GP9, just going off what the guy down there told me. They said they are going to paint them on site.
  5. LoudMusic

LoudMusic Member

What's that blue rig in front of the FP? If I didn't know better, and I don't, I'd say it's an F unit - maybe an F7?
  6. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

Isn't it amazing how long the service lives of the ORGINAL GP's were, my god, They've outlasted most 2nd, and even some 3rd generation units!!! :eek:
  7. brakie

brakie Active Member

That is indeed a F unit.Looks like a F7.
  8. LoudMusic

LoudMusic Member

I think they're also good for modeling because of that and their size. They seem to fit well on smaller layouts, which there are of course a lot more of. SDs are cool, but GPs fit :)
  9. railohio

railohio Active Member

Uh, guys, the passenger equipment for the commuter operation is being stored at a museum near Nashville. In all probablity that's one of their pieces and not destined for regular service.

P.S. - It's an F40PH, not an FP-anything.
  10. pennman

pennman Member

Yes, its a F7 I do believe its the museums and yes its fully restored and operational, meet rail inspections. they us it for tourist runs and special excursions.
  11. brakie

brakie Active Member

Another good thing about Geeps is they are excellent power for a short line..If a modeler is on a tight budget he/she can freelance their own short line and will need no more then one or two Geep units for motive power..:thumb:
  12. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Great Picture pennman.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  13. LoudMusic

LoudMusic Member

Blah blah blah, technicalities ... ;)

Woohoo! Trains!