Nashville star new units

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
whos shop

Thats the Nashville & Easterns shop. Sorry thought it was a GP9, just going off what the guy down there told me. They said they are going to paint them on site.

LoudMusic

Jul 21, 2006
What's that blue rig in front of the FP? If I didn't know better, and I don't, I'd say it's an F unit - maybe an F7?

LoudMusic

Jul 21, 2006
MilesWestern said:
Isn't it amazing how long the service lives of the ORGINAL GP's were, my god, They've outlasted most 2nd, and even some 3rd generation units!!! :eek:

I think they're also good for modeling because of that and their size. They seem to fit well on smaller layouts, which there are of course a lot more of. SDs are cool, but GPs fit :)

railohio

Dec 29, 2000
Uh, guys, the passenger equipment for the commuter operation is being stored at a museum near Nashville. In all probablity that's one of their pieces and not destined for regular service.

P.S. - It's an F40PH, not an FP-anything.

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
F7

Yes, its a F7 I do believe its the museums and yes its fully restored and operational, meet rail inspections. they us it for tourist runs and special excursions.

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
LoudMusic said:
I think they're also good for modeling because of that and their size. They seem to fit well on smaller layouts, which there are of course a lot more of. SDs are cool, but GPs fit :)

Another good thing about Geeps is they are excellent power for a short line..If a modeler is on a tight budget he/she can freelance their own short line and will need no more then one or two Geep units for motive power..:thumb:

LoudMusic

Jul 21, 2006
Brian Schmidt said:
Uh, guys, the passenger equipment for the commuter operation is being stored at a museum near Nashville. In all probablity that's one of their pieces and not destined for regular service.

P.S. - It's an F40PH, not an FP-anything.

Blah blah blah, technicalities ... ;)

Woohoo! Trains!