Name the pike?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by belg, Aug 23, 2003.

1. belg

belg Member

Ok as somebody suggested I'm putting it out here for some names for my little slice of the pie. I model in the 1950's era and it should be something fun with a fictituos PRR reference. I hope that this is vague enough info to come up with some winners. What else could I tell you guys that would help?
  2. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Hi belg,
    Well, let's see, if you want to parody the Pennsy ("The Standard Raillroad of the World" ) you could call it something like the Pennsylvania Substandard Division. :) Not making any implications about your work, by the way! :D
  3. leghome

leghome Member

The unPRR This is not your fathers PRR, parody of the old oldsmobile commerical. This is not your fathers oldsmobile
  4. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

I suppose it wouldn't be politically correct to call it the "Shaker Central", or the "Penndutch Lines", or the "Pennamish & Eastern":D :D :D
  5. mhdishere

mhdishere Member

You could go my route and model a ficticious branch of a real railroad, which give me the Central New Jersey's Millbrook Branch
  6. billk

billk Active Member

Howsa'bout something like Pensive Central?
  7. brakie

brakie Active Member

How about:penniless & Rough Riding Lines?

Attached Files:

8. Ray Marinaccio

Ray Marinaccio Active Member

I like that one.
    If you don't take that name I might.
  9. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

I was thinkg along the lines of the Errie Railroad. Kinda spooky thought isn't it? :p

Your paint scheme can be black on black with black lettering...:rolleyes:

10. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Pensive Central?!? Bilk, I love it! :D Brakie's take off on the PRR makes me laugh too!
  11. babydot94513

babydot94513 Member in training

I'll throw my vote in for this one!