N Scale Magazine

dwight77

Nov 30, 2004
n ft myers florida
Hi All: I have never seen nor read an "N Scale Magazine" but since I am into n scale I thought I would maybe get a subscription. But before I do, I was hoping to get some feedback on the magaznie - good?..bad?..in between?. I get Model Railroader and Railroad Model Craftsman but thought it might be nice to read a magazine devoted to n scale only. Any one care to share their thoughts pro or con?
Thanks
dwight77

C

Catt

Dwight,I get both N scale and N Scale Railroading.They both have their strong as well as weak points,but between the two of them thjey do a decent job of representing our segment of the hobby.

I would reccomend however that before you get a subscription to either or both mags that you buy a single copy of each to find out if they give you what you want in a hobby mag.

The biggest flaw I can find in them is that they both are bi-monthly and they come out the same months instead of alternating their publish dates so we can get a monthly fix.

Grotto

Jun 29, 2006
Toronto
My only beef with N scale is that they break down projects sometimes over 3 issues. Since they only come out every 2 months that means waiting 6 months, and by then many have lost interest.

Hoghead

Jul 10, 2002
Eastern US
Visit site
I recommend N Scale Railroading. They just came out with their 6 year Anniversary Issue.
I have been a subscriber ever since I picked up their first issue at a hobby shop. To bad the both N Scale only mags come out twice a year. I believe they both come out on the same month, too bad they could not alternate. You know NSR comes out on odd number months and N scale comes out on even number months.