My workbench.......MESSY

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Blake, Jul 26, 2003.

1. Blake

Blake Member

For all of you who don't think my workbench ever gets messy.........:D :D :D :D

Attached Files:

• bnch.jpg
      File size:
      66.5 KB
  2. billk

billk Active Member

What do you mean, messy? Some of the surface is still visible, most of the tools are put away, hardly anything is stacked on top of something else, there's no gardening tools visible.
  3. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Where are all the coffee cups and pop cans? :D
  4. rsn48

rsn48 Member

Nice work space, but it looks like a set up to

Book nicely opened, drawers opened to show contents, tools nicely placed.
  5. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Hmmmmmmm, a neatness freak!!!! MR. ORGANIZATION!!!! Go ahead Blake , show-off with your ultra neat workbench. Bet your nickname is Mr. Clean or sumptin'. :D :D :D
  6. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Sorry, Blake ol' buddy....I think I gotcha beat by a long shot!:D ;) :p

Attached Files:

7. kettlestack

kettlestack Member

Blake ... I see your wife has tidied up your room .. :) :)

Charlie and I have a much better system ... where we can find everything we need huh Charlie? :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
    (no wonder we don't make fast progress) .. :rolleyes:

8. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Sure! I can find whatever I'm looking for...lessee...I think it's right under here...ummm... maybe I left it over here...:D :D :D

Progress? I've heard talk about that...never really figured out what it is though...:D :p :D
  9. belg

belg Member

Blake I have to agree with the rest of the guys that workbench shot looks like it's staged. When I'm working at my table/bench I usually have several projects going at the same time to allow for glue/paint to dry. I figure my bench is clean when I only have one layer of crap left on the surface.
  10. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Uhh, you know where the surface is on your workbench?:rolleyes: Wow, a regular neatnik. :D

11. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Except for that great magnifying light (I gotta get one of those!) I thought I was looking at MY work bench! :)
  12. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Ha! Not even close...though, Charlie's does scare even me:eek: :p

Attached Files:

13. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

And see, that's another particular "style" of housekeeping in that train room ensures that my wife & daughters won't come within a country mile of that workbench!
    They'll poke their head in the door, & say, "Dad, can I borrow some tape?"
    Or, "Honey, can you bring a screwdriver, & see if you can fix this?"
    To which I can answer, "Sure, I'll be up as soon as I can find it!"
    :D ;) :D
  14. Blake

Blake Member

Tears are rolling down my face!!! I almost hurt myself by falling off my chair LAUGHING. You guys are the funniest group I have seen. Man.......that was refreshing. I am serious here, I thought I was going to blow out the mesh in my hurnia!! Too funny. Okay, I did open the drawers to make it look worse. Hey, half the time there's a cat laying there too!! Oh well, I guess you're right, I'm too damn neat! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
  15. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Hey, don't sweat it Blake!
    You just stick with us, & we'll fix ya right up!:D ;) :D

Seriously though, that's one thing I really appreciate about The Gauge. You're ALLOWED to have a good time here!

And if keeping a "neat" workbench like that enables you to turn out the quality of modeling that you've come to be known for, then don't change a thing, my friend!:) :cool: :cool: :)
  16. Pete

Pete Member guys actually have workbenches!?!?!?:eek:

17. Blake

Blake Member

Hey Pete, is that like the Monty Python skit with the rich guys talking about how poor they were growing up? I love that one. Each story gets progressively more ridiculous and then the last guy tells his story. "We used to get up every morning, 10:00 at night, half an hour before we went to bed. Work 36 hours down at the mill and when we came home our dad would cut us in two with a bread knife and dance upon our graves singing hallelujah. Try telling that to the young kids today, they won't believe you".
  18. jimmybeersa

jimmybeersa Member

Blake I told you you were not scratch building, you should have at least shown us work in progress..... Ah well Charlie's bench and mine are on a parr
  19. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Hi Blake,
    I looked at the picture you posted, then at your avatar, and was absolutely sure you meant your "park"bench, not your"work"bench :D :D :D
    I just can't see your workbench staying that clean, knowing the amount of work you put into your models.......

......or maybeeeeee you have more than one workbench!:D :D
  20. philip

philip Guest

worlds worst workbench

This would be a great contest...this thread has made my day.