My new building

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by jimmybeersa, May 2, 2003.

1. jimmybeersa

jimmybeersa Member

Started my new building from the photo I posted recently revamped to suit my needs

Attached Files:

2. jimmybeersa

jimmybeersa Member

All the thin strips cut on my band saw
  3. jimmybeersa

jimmybeersa Member

No photo

Attached Files:

4. jimmybeersa

jimmybeersa Member

now comes the long winded part,glueing each plank one by one as I intend detailing the interior in the future so it inside and out , the interior planking is scribed boards,each cut with my saw to resemble individual planks Made a jig to do this , its on the left

Attached Files:

5. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Can't wait to see this finished Jimmy. That technique works well doesn't it?
  6. jimmybeersa

jimmybeersa Member

Robin....just following the master
  7. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Looking good Jimmy. :)
  8. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Looking good so far. Will be waiting to see the finished product.
  9. K.V.Div

K.V.Div Member

That one will look good on the ol' layout jimmy. :cool:

10. davidstrains

davidstrains Active Member

It is really neat to see the nice structures that can be made out of card stock, boxes, paper and wood siding as well as the styrene models. There is something about doing it yourself from the base materials to the finished paint that is extremely satisfying.

Very nice looking structure Jimmy, I like the custom wood siding that you made.
  11. jimmybeersa

jimmybeersa Member

Here is the finished building. the alterations made are for my own satifaction The roof comes off and the interior will be detailed at a later date when I decide what it will be used for. built it just because I liked it.

Attached Files:

12. jimmybeersa

jimmybeersa Member

And more

The floor also comes out

Attached Files:

13. jimmybeersa

jimmybeersa Member

From the other side

Attached Files:

14. belg

belg Member

Jimmy,I just want to add my admiration for your structure,my friend. I can,t believe it you came back from holiday and sat down and finished it.Or maybe you took it with? LOL I guess all is well with your health?:D
  15. jimmybeersa

jimmybeersa Member

Thanks Patric..... Yep I took it with me, along with my box of wood glue and wife just shakes her head..I go for the Op on Monday(dont suppose they will allow me to work in bed..haha) but have started on the next one, also whilst away, just awaiting cladding

Attached Files:

16. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Nice building Jimmy, best wishes for your health! :)
  17. davidstrains

davidstrains Active Member

very nice structures Jimmy. Hurry out of the med facility and back to the hobby table.
  18. kettlestack

kettlestack Member

Super modelling there Jimmy. If this card scratchin spreads ... I can see the purveyors of plastic kits having a tough time in the future.

Best wishes for your medical treament friend ..... take your modelling kit with you to hospital and claim it's for theraputic reasons ... :) :D

19. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

Jimmy, that is a beautiful building. The idea to plank the inside, so that you can detail it later, that's really clever. And it looks very realistic, too.

All the best for your op - be back right soon! We are waiting for more of your work! :)

20. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Beautiful work Jimmy! I admire your patience with the individual planks. The work paid off big time! Best wishes to you!