My layout so far...

prodigy2k7

Dec 17, 2006
ezho2a.gif

As you can see from my final picture of my layout I have gone in a different direction...

finished.JPG

Next stop is wiring... (right? lol)

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
The dogbone would have been cool but what you have still looks good. You've got a lot of room for scenery and accessories in the middle.

prodigy2k7

Dec 17, 2006
Yes, I dont know what im doing yet but I plan to add scenery in the middle...

I *started* wiring and was bored and took a picture...

wiring1of0.jpg

wiring2dl7.jpg

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Jan 27, 2007
Centurion, South Africa
Hi prodigy2k7,

I'm refering to the pic under your layout plan. Where the tracks curve there is space for a cutting.

A cutting is where the railways excavate a path through a hill that is too low for a tunnel. So the hill makes a wall on either side of the train.

prodigy2k7

Dec 17, 2006
stripes said:
Looks good so far prodigy2k7, If I may make a sugestion, I would fill in the gaps in the track ties.
Ties that are cut from scrap sections of track can be trimed to remove the nubs and then slid under the rails.
Just a thought.
David
How do I keep them still? I tried glueing but the glue didnt work well.

You can just glue them in place with white glue or even a/c , and then when you ballast the track they should be well supported! Assuming you are going to ballast! That is what I did! The first picture approx center of the track is the spliced section of ties.
swamp2-1.jpg

layout001.jpg

I also took some acrylic brown paint and weathered the ties.

Hope that helps

David

prodigy2k7

Dec 17, 2006
Update:
I have been wiring up my switches...
I had success in wiring double switch machines to 1 control box, i like the results.

The wiring looks so crazy to me! lol... (from the picture)

I also decided to palce my control boxes on the side, It's the best place for it so go I think. My zephyr will probably go on the top in the corner...

prodigy2k7

Dec 17, 2006
It has lots of wiring cuz I have a bunch of turnouts above it, I soldered feeders to every one of them lol...

Thanks!