My First Train!

Jun 30, 2003
Raleigh, NC
Visit site
While hunting for some old photos, I found this picture of my very first train, when I was 6 years old. Sadly, this train no longer exists, but I assure you it was quite fun!

:D :D :D :p

Attachments

• caketrain.jpg
    caketrain.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 207
F

Fred_M

Which twin is you Jesper? Your mom? spent a lot of time building that train for you SS. :) :thumbs:

Lighthorseman

Jul 24, 2002
Out in the sticks
Visit site
First Trains...

Ah, the gool old Maerklin M-Track - I remember it well.

My first train pictures are from my Dad's old 8mm film camera. I was barely able to sit on my own in the middle of a circle of Tri-Ang track, with a short train going around me. I'd crane my neck to watch as it went by....and fall over. You could see the camera wobble as my Dad laughed - followed by a break, and I'd be sitting back up again. The train would start, and I'd crane to follow it as it went behind me....... :D

jkristia

Aug 1, 2002
Simi Valley, CA,
Visit site
dash10 said:
Which twin is you Jesper? Your mom? spent a lot of time building that train for you SS. :) :thumbs:
I'm the little one on the left, and if I remember correct, the picture was taken the day after christmas. I can't remember if I put it together myself or if my dad helped me, but I remember sitting there almost all day watching the train going around and around and around.....

pomperaugrr

May 21, 2003
Connecticut
Visit site
I was barely able to sit on my own in the middle of a circle of Tri-Ang track, with a short train going around me. I'd crane my neck to watch as it went by....and fall over.
;)

I still have days like that!

Great photos and memories! Thanks for sharing them. There was a lot of work put into that train cake!

Eric

Allstate81140

Feb 19, 2004
Visalia, CA.
Visit site
Hi all. Screwysquirrel, you sure took me in on that one. I was ready to see this old black and white picture of a lionel, with all the boxes sitting there. Guess you had to eat your train. What a waste. Well, at least you did get pictures, and since they are in color, that means you are a youngster.

All have a great day tomorrow. Jack.