My Farm Diorama

Karl Osolinski

Mar 8, 2005
Hello everyone,

I built this farm scene based on the Burley Farm that George Sellios did. It is entirely scratch-built from some photos of George's layout. All the buildings are board-by-board except the farmhouse which is aged clapboard wood siding.

Karl Osolinski
Berkley, MI

Attachments

• 113gauge.jpg
    113gauge.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 314
  • 148gauge.jpg
    148gauge.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 312
  • 166gauge.jpg
    166gauge.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 325
  • 94gauge.jpg
    94gauge.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 315
  • 176gauge.jpg
    176gauge.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 315

Karl Osolinski

Mar 8, 2005
COX 47 said:
WOW!! do you have any other pictures of your work. Cox 47
Hello Cox 47,

Thanks. Yes, I have hundreds of photos of my models. There are about 70-80 dioramas in my basement and I keep building the stuff. I actually enjoy taking the photos as much as building the models - I worked as a product photographer until my retirement so photography has been a part of my life for over 40 years.

I noticed you can only post 5 photos with the topic so you aren't really seeing all the close-ups and other views that I have.

Cheers,

Karl Osolinski
Berkley, MI

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
That is truly outstanding modeling, & photography, Karl!
It's an inspiration to the rest of us!

TrainClown

Apr 17, 2003
Saskatchewan, Canada
Visit site
Great work Karl. I would like to see those close-ups. Just make more posts. Post as many pix as you want. We are eager to see. ;) No limits on the number of posts you make and each post can have a pic. If your photos are stored elsewhere on the web, then you can insert the pix here and they can be larger than what this forum will handle.

TrainClown :D

Karl Osolinski

Mar 8, 2005
Hi fellas,

Thanks...glad you liked the stuff. All my models are HO scale.

I do have a question....would I post models that I built from kits in the Scratchin' & Bashin' section? Just want to make sure I'm doing the right things here.

Karl Osolinski
Berkley, MI

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
The work you do is fantastic Karl. The details are amazing. Now to answer your question regarding posting here. If you alter a kit in any way that would be considered a bash and so posting here would be appropriate. If you build the kit wothout alterations then I suggest you post the photos in either the HO forum or the Photography forum. Which ever way you choose we would love to see more of you great work.

TrainClown

Apr 17, 2003
Saskatchewan, Canada
Visit site
You have options here, so far as to what forum to use. Your work is so splendid that it would be welcome in a few. The HO forum, the Photo forum, the General chat and my fave of all, Scratchin' and Bashin'. I can see you appreciate a good model, so you should do a search on The Gauge for some of Casey Feedwater's posts. He is a modeler of your calibre. I like his work alot too.

Here is a link to his web page:
http://homepage.mac.com/michael21/CMS-RR-Co./Menu5.html

Welcome to The Gauge.

TrainClown :wave:

2slim

Jan 16, 2004
Murray, UT
Visit site
Karl,
You do fantastic work guy! I too would love too see more of your work. If you're interested there is an online photo album for photos at Rail Images You can set up a location and even catagorize them into albums if you like. It's free but they encourage donations to help keep costs down.

2slim