My Drawings

Bowdenja

Sep 26, 2005
Madison, MS
Well........ some you you guys expressed interest in the chicken scratches that I make....... and I used to have my own personal web-page showing them, but I almost filled it up........... so.........

if you go here:

http://98.130.85.63/custom3.html

or log on to http://www.dgapapermodels.com and click the "My Drawings" button, you will be able see some of my handy work.

The thumbnails are much bigger and the results of clicking on them is much bigger......... 800 x 600 to be exact....... AND if you want to print out a copy you can do so freely........... with the understanding that the details are not as good as the finished PDFs.......... those I still working out what I want to do.

I hope those who go enjoy what they see........ and any comments are always welcomed.

Thanks

john

Romanator

Apr 4, 2008
Berkeley CA
wow, these are excellent drawings. I like how the panel lines are still visible on even the black planes, and the contrast is very nice.
You could even publish these in a diagram book or encyclopedia of airplanes.:thumb: Great work.

Bowdenja

Sep 26, 2005
Madison, MS
Thanks guys! :wave: After a long dry spell it is nice to find software that lets me draw like I used to. All of them are done by me with no help from the software except for allowing me to put the lines on the screen.

Nice desk top Olli! Glad you enjoy the pic.

john

outersketcher

Illustrator, Tinker
Apr 3, 2006
So Cal, USA
www.outersketcher.com
Nice, clean work John. Do you render them from photographs? or do you do them from "live" subjects? Or both? My favorite are the helicopters. Have you considered placing a splash of color behind some of the ink drawings of your subjects? It could make for quite a dramatic composition to have a slash of gritty watercolor... er... "color" behind your clean, ink drawings. Please continue....

David

Stev0

Jan 30, 2006
Your's is an example of why I love line drawings.

Very nice work. Those would look nice on a t-shirt or even on a wall.

Bowdenja

Sep 26, 2005
Madison, MS
Thanks StevO....... it's been suggested and just might happen!

outersketcher......... it's a combination of using a photo that is a pose I like of the subject, and lots and lots of research, both on the net and in
books. (my wife says I have every airplane book written........ I keep telling her more are made every day. :thumb:)

Single pictures never have all of the details I like or need to have to complete a drawing........

john

Bowdenja

Sep 26, 2005
Madison, MS
I need to qualify something........... Some of you guys know that I'm color blind......... red-green color blind to be more precice........

So... I think this gives me a little edge on doing the black and white drawings I do. I've tried adding color to some of the drawings, but they usually come out like a coloring book picture........ :cry:

I do add some colors, usually only one or two, to some of the drawings. But I have to be careful, I usually have to ask my wife if I used the correct shade:eek:ops:

Thanks again for the kind words everybody.......... and also keep checking the site because I add drawings all the time...........

john