mrc dcc

rksstl

May 24, 2003
St. Peters Missouri
Visit site
Hi CN1

I think I've read every manual on all the dcc out their, and I don't want to have a manual in my lap to use dcc. So the prodigy looks pretty good. "Simple". I only have two questions.

1. Do you have any major problems with it?

2. Do you or anyone else use soundtraxx decoders with them and does the horn, bell, exhuast. sound work as it should?

I know programming will be limited. and I just want to make sure the sound will work properly. Sorry it took so long to respond big brother was watching today at work

Thanks

CN1

May 6, 2003
Hi rksstl.

Same here, I'm surfing, sorry it took a while to get back to you.

To answer your questions:

i- Yes, The prodigy is very, very simple and easy to use. All the information is in front of you. No need to scrolled down a menu list . I run 3-4 trains at once and the problem I have is to keep track of who does what, where, and to prevent collisions.

Thank god for the emergency stop button:D

(1) No problems whatsoever. Actually I dropped it a few nights ago (I bumped into it while working on the layout) and it runs just fine

(2)Yes I do use soundtraxx decoder. Everyhting work as advertized; Bell, Horn, Coupling and Engine sounds = crystal clear and very cool

(2b) Programming is very limited. If you want to adjust the sound volume or turn it off-on you need to do it with soundtraxx DCC system. The prodigy won't do it for you. I have a friend who adjust the volume for me.

MRC decoders are available to work with the prodigy and you can program them "somewhat" for volume and other features by pressing a combination of F2 and F3 ect..

My next purchase will be MRC Sound Decoder. It has a special feature that when you press "coupling and F2 (I think) you get braking noise..

Should be fun.

Note: You can Plug up to 4 hand-held controller. If you have friends with the same thing you can all "operate" on the same DCC controller". Or you could get a spare hand-held when someone comes over and visit.

I still have to master the "consist setting" for speed adjusment, but it's coming along...