mortar boat no.10 build

Discussion in 'Ship & Watercraft Models' started by NULLMOON, Mar 24, 2008.

NULLMOON Member

in a section of this forum populated with sea going leviathons i thoght i would go in the other direction with this great little one page kit from papershipwright(free)

to start with the framework is petty pointless i simply mounted the deck on 2mm card and ignored the frame parts it certainly makes it more sturdy the only other modification i added was to double up the inner parts of the upperworks to give the impression of the timber frame completed in an evening needs a base or a dirorama to finish it off as all small waterline watercraft do:mrgreen:

Attached Files:

NULLMOON Member

bollards,upperworks supports and doors gun carrige and gun ...completed model with an humbrol paint tin for scale:smile:

Attached Files:

3. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Nicely done, Nullmoon! The doubled cardstock does give the model more least until you stuck it on top of the paint tin. :mrgreen:
  4. Lepercan

Lepercan Member

VERY nicely done! I'm impressed with your mortar; any special technique making it look that good? I built this one about a year ago. Yours is much better!
  5. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Very nice work! looks like a working mortar in there too :)
  6. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Very nice job! I like the fame work. I did a review of it a while back, though my pictures aren't as crisp. I added mortar rounds but never got around to adding a ramrod and some figures. It was a fun build and prompted me to buy other Paper Shipwright models.
  7. archangel1

archangel1 Member

Nicely done! I've had mine on the back burner for a while but maybe I should actually consider starting it.
    Your build does point out one thing that I had noticed, though. It's much too clean! I think I'll give mine a bit of weathering to tone it down a bit.

Mike :wave:

NULLMOON Member

yea i noticed that too i made a small diorama for it with a real water texture it couldnt have looked more out of place needs some rust and soot staining(from the mortar)
  9. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Crackin' job there - very neat.

I was looking for this kit a while ago, but failed. Thanks for reminding me where it was. Another one to add to the lunchtime list ;)
  10. Great looking little model! Your modifications really make it "pop". I love one day projects like this - especially when they come out looking as good as your mortar boat does.