More Freight Car Weathering

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Eddie Landreth, Jan 11, 2004.

1. I've been experimenting some more with some weathering on cheap freight cars (like the
    previous pics, I'll probably toss most of these on eBay since most of them are not really
    my lines or period...just looking for cheap $5 cars to experiment on. So don't ask me what that B&O line car is doing on my MoPac layout :D ).

Here's the results. My personal favorites are the Frisco and blue B&O cars. Let me know
    what you think, good, bad, or indifferent. I'm trying to get the hang of how much chalk
    to use before applying the Dullcoat, since the Dullcoat seems to absorb a lot of the chalk.
    I'm thinking the first 2 look right.

2. davidstrains

davidstrains Active Member

They all look pretty good to me. I would take the whole set if they were 40 footers in "N".:thumb: :thumb:
  3. Arlaghan

Arlaghan Member

Very cool!

Have you ever considered posting step-by-step photos? I'm sure they would be much appreciated!
  4. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Those look dam' fine to me Eddie!

One thing you might try is some recent scratches that haven't had time to rust yet. So it would be just bare metal - grey would probably work. Also while you're at it, some old scratches too.

5. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Great looking cars. Way to go!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  6. Thanks, guys. Arlaghan - I think I'll try to take photos along the way next time to document the process and will post them here.

7. DanishKnight

DanishKnight Member

Excellent work, Eddie. I'm waiting for the tutorial! ;)