More 0n30 stuff

C

Catt

My 0n30 Mogul(s)I have 3 they will all be pretty much identical.

Here you can see the extended coal bunker.

infront1a.jpg
inback1a.jpg

Not sure yet wether I will keep them coal fired or convert to oil.

Only two things are certain,1 they will all get the Banta Models wood cab,and 2 all three will be black with a boxcar red cab roof.Oh and one more little item,they will be lettered for the GVR :D not B&O.

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Catt, are you crazy? ... convert to OIL???? :(

Give those beauties a touch of real class and convert them to woodburners complete with teakettle stacks ....:D
They would look charming with your proposed wood cabs.

OK, OK, OK .. .so I'm a romantic! :)

Errol

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Catt,
The B&O is the one I have, I'll be watchin' to see what you do with it. Oil? broke down cars burn oil, the insane leader of Iraq burns oil, You've already extended the coal box, soooo...........
Errol does make a good point about a wood burner though,,,,
Hmmm, the vision of shreadded paper just flashed before my eyes, This railroad isn't connected to the stock market is it????
Pete

C

Catt

Errol,I'm a model railroader what does that tell you.:D :D For everybody and anybody who cares I should state that the GVR narrow gauge railline exists in the year 2002 as a fully functional subsidary(SP) of the Grande Valley RR.

Pete it ain't gonna be a B&O unit for very long.:D

C

Catt

Tyson,go see yout Micro-Trains dealer .He can get one that don't run half bad.

C

Catt

Ask and ye shall recieve

Here ya go Steve 3 pix of my very simple coal bunker extension.

bunker1a.jpg

bunker2a.jpg

bunker3a.jpg

The side boards are made from Evergreen .040 x .250 styrene strips and the back board is .030 styrene sheet

I rounded the front corners of the sideboards and the the top corners of the backboard.I almost for got I used .080x.080 strips to reinforce the corners ,but you could also use .060 0r .080 styrene angle to do the same thing.I have two more tenders to do then the coal loads.

Hope this is useful to you.:)