Monday Have You Been There?

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by TomPM, Sep 25, 2006.

1. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Good morning folks

I added some more details around the caboose/office. I also began weathering track for the Hillside Extension.

When was the last time you were in a hobby shop? And did you get anything?

For me it was this weekend. I stopped in the shop because they were having their annual 25% sale. I walked out of there will a bunch of detail supplies and items.
  2. Jim Krause

Jim Krause Active Member

Its been a couple of months since my last visit to a hobby shop. Starting to have withdrawal symptoms. I need a trip to town and some browsing among the trains.
  3. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

i go to the LHS EVERY 2-3 weeks, and YES, you bet i get something or another EVERY TIME i go:thumb: . (looks at the time) i WILL be going today!:D i am out of aircraft paint thinner, Solvaset, and low on Dull Cote. :D -Deano
  4. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

I bought Garden Railway Mag last time I was there - about once every 2 - 3 months
  5. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Last week! I had ordered some decals and they arrived promptly as my LHS dealer promised. :)
  6. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Well it has been awhile since I was last in the hobby shop. Really haven't had much time to get around to it. But I am hoping to get there soon.
  7. chessie4155

chessie4155 Active Member

Heading there later this week to pick up some decals and other goodies. We try to go once a month and yes we buy something everytime we go.
  8. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

I go about 4 times a year and, because I buy mostly parts and bits, never the latest locos or cars, I rarely get more than an acknowledging "Hurumph" from behind the counter. Never unfreindly or uncourteous, they just know I'm not gonna make their next car payment for them:thumb:
  9. santafewillie

santafewillie Member

I believe in supporting my LHS rather than some faceless Internet site. I go every 2-3 weeks and buy many items each time. Of course, my LHS makes all customers feel welcome and he knows me by name, as well as my likes and preferences. I don't mean to knock Internet sites as they are the only source for some Gauge members and I'm sure there are many reputable ones.
  10. Catt

Catt Guest

Last saturday was the last time I was at a LHS and no I didn't buy anything.I was there to exchange some information.
  11. LoudMusic

LoudMusic Member

It's been a few weeks. Spent a couple hours' wages.