Model Railroad Shop in Washinton DC

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by iSupernova, Mar 16, 2006.

1. iSupernova

iSupernova New Member

I will visit Washinton DC next week and will stay at Marriott Hotel at Connecticut Avenu. Can someone guide me to any nearby Model Railroad (HO Scale) shop there ? As a newbie, I am also interesting to see some Railroad Museum, if there is any ?

Thanks for advises

2. Taylor

Taylor New Member

Welcome to The Gauge....I personally don't know of anything in DC. There is the B&O museum up in Baltimore. If you are driving, about 15 to 20 miles east of DC is Annapolis. There is a place off of route 50 that is pretty good. Its a straight shot from DC on route 50 to this place (sits between annapolis and the chesapeake bay bridge).
  3. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

Try the American History Smithsonian museum along the north side of the mall. they have quite a bit of Railroad stuff (locos etc.). Hmmm... I seem to remember a thread an awful lot like this one sometime in the past. Let me see if I can find it...
    Found it... Try this link....
  4. jmccall001

jmccall001 New Member

Try Grandpa's train shop in springfield, VA, great place. Also G Scale in Waldorf. Good Shop in Crofton, 45 minutes away on Rte 3
  5. iSupernova

iSupernova New Member

Thanks a lot for every response.
  6. Jim Krause

Jim Krause Active Member

Theres a MR shop in, I believe The Union Station on Pennslyvania Ave. There's some other building on Pennslyvania Ave. but I can't remember what it is.
  7. davidstrains

davidstrains Active Member

The "Great American Train Store" at Union station closed a couple of years ago. Baltimore, which is a 60 mile drive from DC has the B&O Museum and M. B. Kliens Train Store. I could spend a year's pay in there and still not get everything that I would like to have. It is a great place and good people. Here is their link
  8. Jim Krause

Jim Krause Active Member

Thanks for the update

David: I was wondering if my info would be up to date. I made a quick trip to the Union station while in DC several years ago to buy an item for a British friend and haven't been back since.