Model of The Month TWO!: Battlestar Galactica TOS Colonial Warrior Blaster 1:1

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Revell-Fan, Aug 1, 2010.

1. kolacho

kolacho Member

OHHHH excelent!!!!
  2. RAR file problem.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something, you're not having a problem. The BSG Blaster files are supposed to download as rar files. RAR files are compressed archive files, similar to zip files. You need WinRar or the freeware (what I use) 7-Zip to open them. After reading about your "problem", I re-downloaded the blaster files to test. They opened right up using 7-zip, with no problems.
    I hope this helps.
  3. greypilgrim

greypilgrim New Member

1) Excellent project!
    2) I'm glad you made that clarification on the RAR files. After a year, I consider myself still new to cardstocking and have several (OK, many!) files I've collected and didn't know how to access them. Thank you!
  4. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

I make most of my models with SketchUp and unfold them using the unfold plugin for SketchUp. This gives me the best control possible of the outcome of the unfold. Pepakura often cuts a model into a series of triangles which have to be rejoined; that's the reason why preparing a BSG ship pack kit takes so long. If I'm making a model which doesn't have a sophisticated texture I prefer making a vectorized version of it, also to keep the file size small. So you don't find many of my models as *.pdos. :wave:
  5. teckno viking

teckno viking New Member

WOW this is amazing and congratulations of Model of the Month.