Model of The Month TWO!: Battlestar Galactica TOS Colonial Warrior Blaster 1:1

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Revell-Fan, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Amazing! A thing of beauty, it takes my breath away!
    A childhood dream about to become reality.
    There is a God!
  2. clif52

clif52 Banned

Fantastic looking model. Looks like an actual prop. Great work.

3. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

Thank you all very, very much for your comments. Actually, this is the second model I started here (the Landram was the first). I had a lot to learn and there were some really tough parts, but as RB said, patience is everything. I'm surprised at how stable the model is, too. You can shake it and even drop it to the ground without breaking anything.
  4. oriod01

oriod01 Member

This looks fabulous! Im wondering... did I miss something, I thought this was going to be posted when it was finished? Forgive me if I misunderstood or am being impatient, just curious.
  5. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Did you read the whole thread? You are not reading the whole thread. What has been said is rather obvious. Read the whole thread, please! Particularly post #178 :cool:
  6. oriod01

oriod01 Member

My apologies... I thought I had? Don't know how I missed that post... probably what I get for reading when I should be asleep (or while I'm asleep). Just ignore m... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  7. Big Al

Big Al Member

Incredible!!!! That is truley Awesome!...You do great work!...the detail is great!
  8. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

That is a BEAUTIFUL piece of work.
    As always, you have done a FANTASTIC job on this model.
    I am looking forward to adding it to my collection.
  9. Revell-Fan

Thank you all very, very much! Especially for your encouragement and patience. And yes, the blaster model is finished, the plans are ready (including the parts for the white Ship-of-Lights / timetravel version) and the instructions completed. I have sent everything to Rhaven for a final test build. If he doesn't have any issues with it, it will be released for everyone to enjoy.
  10. ASC Mclaren

ASC Mclaren Member

That is way cool RF! One of the best 1:1 guns I've ever seen! I was luke warm about 1:1, not now (maybe with airsoft?)!
  11. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Geeze zathros, the guy just asked a question, there was no need to be so rude:cry:
  12. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Yeah, Sorry Oriod01, I was having a bad moment, zathros was right, I should have been a little more level headed. I'd say a lot more, O.K., a lot more, How'd you get into this post zathros, a big pushy on your part. No, I don't think so, by the way, I just noticed what your wearing, nice ensemble!!.:joust1:
  13. malgan

malgan New Member

Very nice! Can't wait to get a chance at it when I'm good enough. :thumb:
  14. oriod01

oriod01 Member

No need to apologize, I didn't see it as rude. Besides I've been on /po/ before... after reading some of the comments and attitudes there you have to be a complete flaming d-bag to be seen as rude in my eyes, lol.
  15. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

:goldcup:Congratulations on making "MODEL OF THE MONTH"!!!:goldcup:

aussieA round of Ambrosia and a cigar for everyone!aussie

16. Zathros

Zathros Guest

After that last sentence, I think we may have in fact met before!! :mrgreen:
  17. Revell-Fan

Thank you all very, very much for making it "Model of the Month"!

It's such an honour - and a surprise as well! I never anticipated this. Great!

To happy building!

18. anthony344

anthony344 Member

:goldcup:Congratulation:goldcup: Revell-Fan for Model of the Month.:thumb:

BTW excellent work on your Blaster the light effect brings the gun to life.
  19. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Well deserved man, this is a very cool project, congrats!
  20. I see Revel has a Buck Rogers blaster coming out soon, as well. Another of my favorites.
    While on the topic of sci-fi weapons, might I suggest the hand-gun from the original "V" mini-series. I remember Robert England as the friendly alien, Willie.