Model Of The Month: New Horizons Atlas V

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by Dyna-Soar, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Dyna-Soar

Dyna-Soar Member

This my beta build of a forthcoming kit from Retired For Now (I thought the Zealot folks might want to see it that aren't at papermodelers)

It's also designed to fly on a cluster of 2 18mm model rocket engines.
  2. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

Looks awesome! I would like to see a modification of this for the X-37B launched by the United States Air Force as the US second reusable space vehicle, and also since I am serving with the USAF. It would be a great model for my room.
  3. Dyna-Soar

Dyna-Soar Member

He's working on a version of that, too.
  4. Retired_for_now

Retired_for_now New Guy

AtlasV and Payloads

The Atlas V in 1:96 is up at ECardmodels - the X-37B is there as a separate 1:48 model but it can be built at 1:96 to make a complete launch stack. There's also another X-37 version at Lower Hudson Valley ( that could be scaled down to fit.

There's a few other compatible payloads as well (get out 'yer tweezers).

Either slightly modified from larger versions or (slightly) simplified versions for this scale.

Yogi (building up a stock of teacher bribes - sorry, incentives ...)
  5. ovation

ovation Member

That looks awesome :thumb:

6. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Model Of The Month! :thumb:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
  7. OhioMike

OhioMike Member

Bought these a couple weeks ago..Hooking up the new printer tomorrow, then we'll blow these up to 1/48 and get busy!!! Great models yogi and dyna-soar!
  8. Retired_for_now

Retired_for_now New Guy

Ohio - 1:48 is pretty huge. Erik T. Groen said he's working on a very detailed AtlasV, might keep an eye out for that for a big build.
  9. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

Anybody know where there is a detailed Delta IV model? Just thought this might be the best place to ask.
  10. Bhelliom

Bhelliom Member

The only D-IV models I've seen so far are at the LHVCC site, but I'm assuming you've already seen those.

Scott K.
  11. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

Yes, I have although I would like o see something with a bit more detail and a bit larger scale. I am an A1C in the United States Air Force and I would love to have the Air Force's rockets here in my dormitory at Edwards AFB, the birthplace of America's Space Program. Even though this isn't the right spot, since I work on F-16s I would also like to find a paper model of the F-16 and F-35 if there are any available.
  12. asclepius

asclepius New Member

Atlas V 400 & 500

I've been waiting for someone to design an Atlas V model for some time. Thank you for the hard work! I purchased the model from ecardmodels. I love the detailing on the payloads, including the New Horizons spacecraft.

Take care, Kevin
  13. Big Al

Big Al Member

My dad worked for North American and later Rocketdyne from the Redstone to the shuttle.. These are awsome models and yours is exceptional.......Great work!:wave:
  14. Big Al

Big Al Member

I have been scouring the web for patterns (That's how I found these forums) and I have seen the f-16 models but I couldn't tell you where:p

It was pretty late last night but I did see them!
  15. gogreer

gogreer Gogreer