Micro-Layout Idea

Discussion in 'On30 Forum' started by TrainGuyRom, Jan 19, 2009.

1. TrainGuyRom

TrainGuyRom Member

I get lot's of big ideas. sometimes they're BIG ideas for small projects.
    In this case it's a microlayout in On30. Basicly a loop, with a siding.
    Here's the catch: All the track is to be hand laid. all the rolling stock is to be scratchbuilt. the engine is to be a kitbashed HO engine(turned into a porter) the buildings are to be as scratch built as possible( which would be a mine, a station, and an industry of some sort)
    I'm thinking this layout would be 18"x18" (is that reasonable for two-axel cars & short wheelbase engines?) Can't forget the tunnel. That would be added with scratch-built portals.

What do you think? Is it possible?
  2. MidnightRR

MidnightRR Member

What's the problem? It's all been done before. Not sure what you're thinking here.
  3. MT Hopper

MT Hopper MT Hopper

If you want to see plans and photos of just such a layout in everything from Z scale up to 7/8 inch scale look at Carl Arendts micro layouts web site.
    MT Hopper
  4. TrainGuyRom

TrainGuyRom Member

My problem is I do not have much skill, or time. But when I do do it, I do it for hours, and make a big mess, and.. never clean it up. I'm not the neatest, so I get scolded by my family for living in such a pigsty.

A few months before I got into Zealot, I did an internet search(I forget what it was for since that was 1-1/2 yers ago) and discovered Carendt. I still have it in my favorites list. I go back often, just for fun, but yes it is an awesome site.