Making stuff for a logging railroad.

Discussion in 'Logging, Mining and Industrial Railroads' started by Gil Finn, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

have been fairly busy this summer making stuff for a planned shelf type logging rail road which will also have coal mines.

I have kit bashed a lot of ebay structures new and already assembled, made log cars from cheap life like and Bachman flats and acquired a Bachman Cimax and 3 truck Shay, having already a rebuild Roundhouse shay.

I am modeling a town not unlike Thurmond, WV. I was there when the movie Matewan was made by the way.

The coal and mill camps are not made yet, I plan on scratch build company shacks. like the dozens I have seen and been in over the years.

The lumber mill is made from several kits and with kit made sheds and stacks of curing lumber.

For proto types I have used several good books on W Va logging engines and operations.

The small bed room I will but this in will have a life times collection of logging, mining and RR items and decoration.

Candle stick phone, a telegraph set, carbide lamps, hard hats, soft hats, framed pictures and a mounted scrip collection as well as RR passes, mining stock and all kinds of things.

Tonight I am securing chains to log cars.

When I get something to photograph, I will add it here.

Thank you for reading.

Gil Finn

Come read my personal forum, you might get a laff or two.,
  2. Bucks Owin

Bucks Owin New Member

Drop in and look around my site. Looks like we gots a lot in common! My 1:48 logging NG resides in the bedroom too.....

(The "master" bedroom BTW, I married a great sidekick!)