Made some progress this week...

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by vanda32547, Aug 29, 2004.

1. vanda32547

vanda32547 Member

Hello Ya'll,

I made some progress this week on the new layout, but still have tons to do. I included a picture of the work in progress.

Attached Files:

2. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Great job!

You are light years ahead of me! I still need to buy the lumber for the bench work. :D
  3. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Ooooohhhh, to have that kind of space...(sigh) :thumb: :thumb:
  4. Gavin171

Gavin171 New Member

looks good, nice to have some natural light to work with
  5. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Bob next weekend you need to post pics of trains running! No pressure or anything like that mind you! :D :rolleyes: :D
  6. Wyomingite

Wyomingite Member

You have the makings of a real fine railroad there. What grade do you have there? Good luck and have fun and please keep us posted.

Ron :thumb: :wave:
  7. Papa Bear

Papa Bear Member

The layout's looking good. I like the cabinets. Makes it handy for storin' your stuff.
  8. vanda32547

vanda32547 Member

Thanks for all the feedback...

Thanks for all the feedback. Having natural light is a nice thing ... except at night :D

Now lets talk about the grade... it is rather steep on the far right turn and I have to figure out a way to keep my track level coming around that tight 30" curve and platform bank on the far right near the window. I'm going from 0" to about 5 1/2" inches in the far left hand corner, with my homemade trestle, and then back down to 0" in the front portion of the layout.

I wanted to show some depth and height on this layout so the grade was determined by the space available to achieve my goal. I hope I won't be sorry with this decission. :confused: I have about 408 total inches to accomplish this in. I have been told that a grade should be a maximum of 1" rise for each 100"s so I guess my grade is a bit much.

As far as having trains running next weekend... :eek: I don't think so... I am still waiting for the release of the NEW MRC Prodigy Advance to run this railroad.

9. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

10. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Look's good so far, keep up the great work :thumb: