Look!! -- Is it X-mas yet???

K.V.Div

May 10, 2001
Shawnigan Lake, B.C. Canada
Visit site
12:30 AM Pacific Standard Time Dec 25.
Victoria, B.C. Canada
Christmas Eve has past, Christmas is here. Temperature is -1 C (30 F), The fire is still going in the fireplace, The wife has just finished baking several batches of cookies (Gingerbread and Shortbread), the train is still running next to the Christmas Tree, Christmas music is still playing quietly and I am sipping on my last glass of Alberta Springs Rye before turning in.
It has been a year to remember, personally, both good and bad.
The good I would bless my freinds with and the bad I would not wish on anyone.
As we arrive at Christmas and look forward to another year, I wish all the members of the Gauge a Very Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and the best of the season to you and all those close to you.
Cheers!

Terry

IMRL393

Aug 7, 2001
Visit site
Merry Christmas from Bettendorf, Iowa!

Where the temperature is a cool 15 F (-9 C), or with wind chill, 3 F (-16 C) under starry skies and a bit of snow on the ground!

At 6:00 AM CST, I'm waiting for my wife and daughter to awake - and to see if that present for me is REALLY a Kadee box - sure FEELS like one !!!!

Have a wonderful day, folks!

- George

Aren't they up, yet ???

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Merry Christmas!!

It's 10:00 AM here Near Phila. PA too!!

Presents are all opened, all is quiet. The temp is 32 Deg, going up to 40. Last week the lows were about 40. :) Now it feels like X-mas :D

Here's hoping the New Year brings more good tidings than the last!

Bill Stone

Apr 20, 2001
San Dimas, California, USA
Visit site
It's 07:30 on Christmas morning in Southern California, a "brisk" 45 degrees F outside (supposed to get up to near 70) and we are just getting started around here. The grandchildren will be over later, so we won't open presents until then. My wife is already working in the kitchen.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all the members of The Gauge.

Bill Stone

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Good Morning, & Merry Christmas from "My Old Ky Home"! It's 11:30 a.m., the very first snowflakes of the year are falling, it's around 30 degreres (F), the kids are all engrossed in their new goodies, & I'm sitting in a new office chair Santa brought me, & having my 3rd cup of "joe".
I'd like to wish everyone peace, & good will on this holy day.
-Charlie-

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Gang,
Merry (hic) Christmas its 18.30 I think. Too busy all day to get on the computer until now.

My Son David woke us up at 7.00am this morning and said "Santa's Been" and he is 28 years old and still a kid at heart.
At around 9.30am My Daughter and Son-in-law plus two of my Grandchildren came around to open presents. That was a real happy time.
Had a phone call from my other Daughter and Son-in-law plus three Grandchildren who live in Orlando Florida, telling us what Santa had brought and also stating that the weather was beautiful. (We are at -2 today)
Well gang, have a happy time today and the rest of the Christmas period and a happpppppy New year to one and all.

Sham(hic)us

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
I'm late getting on here today. It's 5:03 P.M. here in Huntsville, Texas, and the temp is around 49F. I think it was in the 20s this morning, though, which is really cold for these parts!

Our son crawled into bed with us this morning around 3 or 4 a.m. At 7:30 he woke up at and said that he wanted to watch TV. He's only 4 and I guess he hasn't figured out that he's supposed to be excited that Santa came on Christmas Eve! :) Anyway, he ran into the living room with us right on his heels. I said, "Wow, look Bryan! Santa's come!" and pointed into the kitchen where his new train table and wooden set was sitting. He ran over saying, "Oh, wow! Oh, wow!" We moved the set into his room and have hardly seen him all day! So much for the other toys! :)

-Rory

John Sneed

Nov 15, 2001
Columbia, Mo
Visit site
Chirstnas

Greetongs from Missouri Its 1725 clear sky now, temp 30 degrres F Chistmas has come and almost gone.Wife is fixinf supper now while talking to my son in Washington D.C. I recived a gift shoping spree at Home Depot.{new tools to start my table for my ;ayout.
Hope everyone on the Gauge had a happy aand safe Chistmas and a happy New Year

John

:)

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
I guess John Sneed and I will have to make an effort to compare some notes in person as we live only about 90 miles apart and I'll go through his home town on my way home tomorrow from Liberty, MO to Rolla, MO.

John, we'll have to get together off line one of these days. I know lots of folks in Columbia... Don Laird of your Chamber of Commerce, Tim Donovan, a Rotary friend, etc, etc.

Temp got up to a warm 32 F today after an overnight low in the teens. I drove to Omaha, NE Saturday to visit with some family and they had the snowplows out up there:eek:

Bob

justind

Jul 8, 2001
Provo, UT, USA
Merry Christmas all

Well it is 6:10 (18:10) pm here, and I am about ready to call it quits to work and head home. Not much of a way to spend Christmas is it?

I wish you all a Merry Christmas, and hope you all enjoyed it. Myself I don't get to see my family this year (not until the weekend) and can say it isn't Christmas when you are by yourself.

Cheers all, be careful and take care of each other.