Locomotive Rentals!

"Diesel locomotives can be chartered on an hourly basis at the Tennessee Valley Railroad! You can be the engineer (with qualified supervision)...a once in a lifetime opportunity! Prices start at $225 per hour for either the RSD1 ALCO or GP7 EMD. Rental fees include an annual membership to the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum (required for insurance purposes). Please contact us for more information."

http://www.tvrail.com

OK, who's got the dough?? :D

What a blast that would be! :thumb: :thumb:

LIRR

Dec 19, 2004
With my track record on MTS I wouldnt trust myself behind the controls of the real thing.

LIRR,

To test MSTS, i took a BNSF Dash-9 over the Marias pass...turned derailments and such off, and brought up the specs screen to test bitrate, FPS, etc...i hit 210MPH down one of the large hills!

Though i doubt a Geep would haul-butt that quickly, so i should be safe
tongue.gif

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
ddavidv said:
That's not the only place that does it. If you Google "locomotive rentals" you can find a few others, most of which are out west. Sadly, I did not locate any in the northeast for myself. :cry:
Guess I just have to plan a vacation someplace. :p

:wave: :wave: :wave: when you're ready, we'll carpool - You , me , TomPM, Blake, NJmike, and Rich M :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Freelancer

Oct 24, 2002
Utah
www.yardlimit.com
HVRR offers a deal similar to that, $300 for a day. However you have to share your throttle time with a couple other people. Go down the line and pick up a consist, then spend the day traveling the main with it until you get tired. Can't figure out how in praytell they know when you are "tired," cause it is such a blast! In ten or twenty years, they are planning on offering steam power, but then the price is doubled as well. Here is their website, they don't have a link or info on it but you could probably inquire through email. Or if anyone is interested I could get more specifics.

www.hebervalleyrr.org

Freelancer

LIRR

Dec 19, 2004
siderod said:
LIRR,

To test MSTS, i took a BNSF Dash-9 over the Marias pass...turned derailments and such off, and brought up the specs screen to test bitrate, FPS, etc...i hit 210MPH down one of the large hills!

Though i doubt a Geep would haul-butt that quickly, so i should be safe
tongue.gif

I've made acella cars go flying 50 feet away from the track, Hit another BNSF train head on when i forgot to change a switch, ran a 50 car tank train down the hitastsu line at full speed just for fun....