loco/caboose tracks

Kevinkrey

Jul 27, 2006
Saint Paul MN.
I have wanted a loco and a caboose track and I have found a small corner of space, and I have room for a Loco track, caboose track, and one more track, what could this be used for? What are some possibe details I could add? Any help would be appreciated.

Kevinkrey

Jul 27, 2006
Saint Paul MN.
I think that is what it will be. The loco track is big enough for my current roster, and when more engines arrive, the track can be a RIP/extra loco track. I need to find a loco shed, I know pikestuff or somebody has a nice open bay one. Maybe it could be two bay, one for locomotives, one for rail car repairs.

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Pike Stuff does make a nice single stall engine house, but they do have another building that can be modified for multiple bays(I forget what its called). Pike Stuff walls are designed(Mr.Rideout knows that us model railroaders have a knack for not building kits straight from the box) to be modified to anything and can be cut easily with an X-Acto blade.

Kevinkrey

Jul 27, 2006
Saint Paul MN.

I have decided to use a pikestuff model. But I have three to chose from:​

A sevice station which is an office with an "outside service bay" (partially enclosed).A two stall engine house Or a three stall repair shop, that could be used for cars.​

I think I am leaning towrads the shops, I know it woul fit, but I woul have no room for the caboose track. So then I could make the Two stall with a seperate office (I like that feature). But I think they are too short to fit my SD45T-2 locomotives, but that could be fixed:mrgreen:.

What is your input?