Liquid electrical tape

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Can anyone tell me if Liquid Electrical Tape really exists? I saw references to it somewhere, but the local hardware stores give me funny looks when I ask about it.
Who makes it?
Who sells it?
Is it available/legal in Canada?

F

Fred_M

Ok, this is off subject, but another use for hot melt glue is to replace electrical tape. It's prob. not UL appoved, but works for me. FRED

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Originally posted by dash10
Ok, this is off subject, but another use for hot melt glue is to replace electrical tape. It's prob. not UL appoved, but works for me. FRED
Probably doesn't need UL or CSA if it is used on low voltage circuits. I've never tried either liquid tape or hot melt for connections, but I would guess that the liquid tape would be a bit more pliable. But hey, if you stick the joint to the backboard while it's still soft, you shouldn't have to tack the wires down afterwards...:D :D

chipmonk

Mar 9, 2004
NJ
Visit site
well if it helps i work at a hardware store and we carry liquid electrical tape not sure on the brand or price but i can check....you might want to try looking at home depot

The stuff deffinatly exists

anyway hope this helps
Chris:thumb:

Clerk

Nov 6, 2002
Esparto, California
Visit site
I have a can in my hand right now. Called "Star brite Liquid Electrical Tape". I have used it to paint over several solder joints and it works great. One thing. When you take the cap off there is a brush attached to the inside. scrape off as much as you can on the top of the can or it will drip all over and it is very hard to remove.

CSX6638

Jul 24, 2002
FLORIDA
Visit site
You should be able to find it in any marine supply store, I have a can that I use for electrical connections on my boat, it forms a protective dielectric coating, seals out moisture and prevents corrosion. Mine is called Bow t' Stern, liquid electrical tape.