lifelike vs. others

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by BNSFtheLeader, Nov 18, 2003.

1. BNSFtheLeader

BNSFtheLeader Member

What the hell is up with this!!!!!!!!

I have 3 life like GP18's and one out pulls any other style of engine i have. including kato, C44-9's, SD70m's, atlas SD60m's, or even for that fact GP7's. Bachmann, Atlas, Kato, you name it out pulls anything on my roster. sort of my rivarossi 4-6-6-4 challenger. anything other then does not come close. 24 con-cor auto racks and 28 walthers well cars, nothing compares. Does anyone have a clue as to why this is?

the gp18 has absolutley no traction tires or any after market pulling product. it is right from the factory. does anyone have a clue? cause i sure dont.
  2. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

I haven't a clue but keep it and send the others to me.:D :D
  3. zeeglen

zeeglen Member

Try checking the wheels. If they are old and worn just MAYBE their surface is roughened up enough to give more traction. Shiny new wheels will be more slippery.
  4. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Life Like have had a lot of criticisms in the past so it is good to hear a success story for them.
  5. SD90

SD90 Active Member

I have 5 Life Like GP20's, and they pull just as much as an Atlas GP40 or 38, I like them for yard engines. The lack of room for a decoder makes me only able to run 2 or 3 of them togeter, but usually it's only me runnng trains anyway!

6. penngg1

penngg1 Member

The only thing left is gearing since you checked for traction tires.
  7. TrainClown

TrainClown Member

My new LifeLike

I just bought a LifeLikeIron Horse train set and I'm glad to say that the little 0-4-0 steamer runs as smooth as can be. The only thing with this set was that the transformer has a glitch in it. When it is turned to zero, or off, the dile clicks off. So when you turn it to on , the power surges and the train jumps ahead. No smooth take offs, so mabie Santa will hear about this and bring me a decent transformer.

BUT! The engine runs smooth;)

Attached Files:

8. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Oh, Oh, Looks like you lost this too.
  9. BNSFtheLeader

BNSFtheLeader Member

see that's the the thing All of my engines pull good I'm not complaining but the Life-Like's are also as the other's are prety much new absoutly almost no run time maybe 10 minutes at the most.

All the engines are good but the Gp-18's even out pulled the E8/9 Life-Like's what the heck is up with that?????

you tell me>>>>>>>>>