Let's have some fun in June's contest

Discussion in 'Competitions & Challenges' started by ezdays, Jun 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

June's contest should be fun for all. Let's try any shot that has something to do with railroading, real world (prototype) or your world (any scale) that will make the rest of us chuckle a bit.

The rules:

• The picture must have something funny or humorus in it, be it a natural or a set-up scene.
    • The picture can be any scale including prototype, and can be taken anywhere, even at someone else's layout
    • The picture can be old or new, but must have been taken by the person submitting it.
    • Only one entry and one shot per person.
    • The picture must not have been submitted in any previous contests here at the Gauge
    • As usual, everyone that is a registered member here is qualified to enter.
    This contest closes on June 30, so good luck and have fun.
  2. Marxed

Marxed Member

:D sounds sooo fun

awsome idea!
  3. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

I hope a shot from my club layout will count.

At the show last weekend, we received many comments about the fact the following scene looked very prototypical.

The sign says "Tim Horton's", for those of you not in Canada, Tim Horton's is the largest coffee shop chain in Canada.

Attached Files:

4. Zman

Zman Member

:D Good pic Will! One more cruiser would have made it COMPLETELY prototypical.
  5. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Duhh,, do-n-nut-t-t-ts....ummm, go-o-o-d-d:D:D

And yeah, the rules say, anything anywhere, prototypical or scale, yours or someone elses, made up or real, just has to have something humorus in it... umm, me like donuts.....:thumb::thumb:

Sheeze, I gotta stop watching The Simpsons....:oops:
  6. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

Actually, Zman, it is prototypical for Muskoka, Bracebridge only has 4 cruisers and not all of them are used at once, one is usually in for service. :D
  7. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Never Fails.........

Always happens when I'm late for work...I get stuck behind a tractor trailer!

Attached Files:

8. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Looks like the guy behind you could take care of that problem... ;) :D

9. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

The guy holding the spike is saying "Let's look at what we are doing here"
  10. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

That is ME behind the Caddy.
    Go ahead...Try and cut me off!
  11. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

LOL Ed, good entries so far everyone. :D :D :D :D
  12. trainworm

trainworm Member

Southern Pacific, in a severe power crunch, has to use anything they can to get trains over the line.

13. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Cool beans, guys :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

My entry---

"OK,ok, Hyram...did I reeeeeally need to know that?"

Attached Files:

14. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Hey, things are looking good so far,:thumb::thumb: let's keep up the chuckles, eh wot....:D:D:D:D
  15. Papa Bear

Papa Bear Member

I for one think it's commendable how the B&MC is willing to accomodate those employees who have...uh...special needs.
  16. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

The Canyon State RR had let out a contract to the LPB Construction Company, who was the lowest bidder to do some bridge repairs. Well, as you can see, they are getting ready to secure the bridge supports to the newly poured footings by the only means they know how, a giant tube of super glue. One daring workman rides the tube down while the others wait for it to be lowered in place.:D:D:D:D

Attached Files:

17. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

That's really funny Don! :) Just be carreful to not let any spill into that river below or you'll catch it from the EPA!
  18. galt904

galt904 Member

B&MC: The nation's first incontinental railroad! :p
  19. Papa Bear

Papa Bear Member

80' Tall Naked Mole Rat Terrorizes Coast!

MULLET BAY, FL. - Coastal residents were awakened early this morning to the sight of a gigantic naked mole rat walking down the beach. Authorities responded quickly. There was some uncertainty as to how to proceed until a Ms Kim Possible arrived on the scene. Ms Possible explained that the oversized rodent was really a pet named Rufus and his extreme size was due to an unfortunate laboratory error. She stated that Rufus posed no danger provided that he was fed nachos, which are his favorite food. Authorities made arrangements for the local Bueno Nacho restaurant to prepare the nachos and for the Pensacola and Gulf Railroad to deliver a special trainload of nacho supplies to meet this critical need.

Ms Possible thanked the community for their help. Rufus was heard to say "Boo-Yah!" but otherwise offered no further comment.

Attached Files:

20. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

You guys are too much!!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.