Lee Clifton "The Joker" works of Art

Lee Clifton

Wisdom and Kindness, A Zealot Sage
I don't always work in Photoshop. This was drawn out on corrugated cardboard about 4 feet tall, the area around the Joker was cutout out with an X-acto and pealed away to reveal the corrugated ribs and painted. The rest was hand painting, and airbrush.

Joker Card-new.jpg

Lee Clifton

I've been working on this one to use for a Joker's Carnival action figure display. The original comic book cover I found on the internet on the left and the cleaned up and repainted version is on the right.
Joker Carnival Logo-retouch-email.jpg
Heres the Joker's Carnival poster. Recolored the background and made the text.

Joker Carnival Logo 01.jpg

Lee Clifton

The photo on the left is an over the head Joker Mask photo I found on the internet. The photo on the right I photo retouched into a full faced Joker. I haven't decided what I'll use this one for yet.

JokerMaskRetouch.jpg

Lee Clifton

I started out with the Evil Jester photo on the left which I found on the internet. I cleaned it up, altered it to look more like the Joker and repainted it.

Joker Jester-workup.jpg

Heres the Joker's Circus of Crime poster that I may use in an action figure display.

Joker Circus Logo.jpg

And heres a second version of the Joker's Carnival.

Joker Carnival Logo 02.jpg

Hey Guys I added a couple of more graphics. One is the original photos that I started with and the second is a Joker's Car concept poster photo composite.

Jokermobile-workups.jpg
Jokermobile.jpg

Last edited:

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
You did a FANTASTIC JOB! The clean-up that you did on the Joker is seamless. It looks like an original piece of work.

Lee Clifton

Thanks Rhaven! I'm planning on an action figure display for one or both of them. I've got the research photos of the old Marx Tin Circus displays from the 1950s to use for ideas. They even have the old tin sideshow runways. I'll use them for inspiration and make up my own textures.

Lee Clifton

Thanks Rhaven! It took me a while on this one to make it look right. Especially the teeth and the hair. He would make a great Joker head to go on the front of a car. I couldn't make him 3D like a real paper model, but I could layer him and curve the final to place him over the grill of the car. This face might be a good one to use for a Uncle Joker's Video Arcade sign.

Lee Clifton

Thanks Rhaven! This one took me quite a while to get right. These will make great signs and posters for making Joker related action figure displays.

Lee Clifton

Thanks Zathros! Hope to take the Joker Mask redesign and use it for "Uncle Joker's Video Arcade". I'm working on a diorama/action figure display for my adult son called "Ace's KISS Arcade" to display his loose KISS figures. I figured a few changes and it can be the Joker's.

Lee Clifton

Hey Guys thanks for all of the kind comments. And Zathros thanks for combining all of my "JOKER" concepts into one post. I added a couple of more graphics. One is the original photos that I started with and the second is a Joker's Car concept poster photo composite.

Lee Clifton

Heres another addition to the Joker artwork. This one is is another version of the Jester Joker from the side. He might end up on my repaint of Fiddler's Green pedal-car. If it turns out good I'll use it as a prop to go with the Joker's Circus of Crime or the Joker's Carnival.Jester to Joker-sideview-web.jpg

Famous Dave

Your artistry is amazing. I enjoy seeing how you make the images your own.
If you don't mind, I might like to add one or two of your designs to projects that I build for nose art or troop markings.
Thank you for sharing and also for your tutorial offerings as posted elsewhere in our forum.

Dave

Lee Clifton

Your artistry is amazing. I enjoy seeing how you make the images your own.
If you don't mind, I might like to add one or two of your designs to projects that I build for nose art or troop markings.
Thank you for sharing and also for your tutorial offerings as posted elsewhere in our forum.

Dave
Thanks for the kind words. Feel free to use them on your models Dave. They are mostly clipart and decals that I have found on the internet and worked on. I make a lot of action figure movie sets for photographic comic books and action figure displays. So I'm working on stuff all the time. After I finish the Joker Clown Car I'll start on Mr. Joker's Circus and the KISS Psycho Circus.

Famous Dave

Thanks for the kind words. Feel free to use them on your models Dave. They are mostly clipart and decals that I have found on the internet and worked on. I make a lot of action figure movie sets for photographic comic books and action figure displays. So I'm working on stuff all the time. After I finish the Joker Clown Car I'll start on Mr. Joker's Circus and the KISS Psycho Circus.
Thank you again for your generosity.
Dave