layout progress

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by DanRaitz, Aug 12, 2005.

1. DanRaitz

DanRaitz Member

Finnaly got the sky background painted and the valance up. The valance is unpainted still haven't decided on the color yet.

Attached Files:

2. bigdonnie

bigdonnie Member

Looks good Dan.

By looking at the number of rolling stock boxes you have stored under the layout, you are going to need a much larger layout to accommodate them all. Do you plan to run any locomotives?? :D
  3. zedob

zedob Member

I suggest using a dark color for your valance and facia. It will help the viewer to be drawn into the layout, especially if the ambient room lighting is kept low. Similar to museum dioramas.

As for input on the benchwork, it looks like you have that pretty well down pat. Nice work. Clean.

Can't wait to see more of the progress
  4. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Backdrop and valance looking great! I'm impressed with your neat organization of rolling stock down below too!
  5. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Good work on the whole thing. Backdrop and valance looks good.:thumb::thumb:

From the looks of things, you've got way too much rolling stock, ya gotta share some of that....:D:D:D:D
  6. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Looking good. I agree with Don. If you want to get rid of a few let me know. I'll be glad to take some off your hand. (Free of coarse)
  7. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Dan: Looks like good standard benchwork. My only thought: the crosspieces at the top could be a bit smaller -- short enough to run a screw up through them. My cross[pieces are usually in the neighbourhood of 1x1.
    On no account think of screwing from the top down; I've taken enough other people's layouts apart to know that it makes things difficult, especially when the scenery covers them up.
  8. Marxed

Marxed Member

thats looking awsome!
  9. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

Holy mackerel, Dan - you've got a better selecion of rolling stock than my LHS! :D Nice work! :thumb:
  10. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

:thumb: Now that looks fantastic Dan. Keep the good work going. I also think a dark color would work well for the valance and facia. :thumb: Jim