Late evening as the traction line winds down for another night

Discussion in 'Traction Thoroughfare' started by interurban, Jun 1, 2003.

1. interurban

interurban Active Member

Night time has fallen in Glenn`s basement;) as the last Interurben makes a stop at the local paint shop with some freight;)

Attached Files:

2. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Real nice Chris. I have always wondered. Are the overhead wires really alive or just for show?
  3. interurban

interurban Active Member

Thanks Dick
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :p
    Live overhead is the only way we would go.
    Thanks for asking Dick my friend.:D
    All we do is ===== one power lead from the motor picks up from all wheels . And the other lead from the motor goes to the Pantagraph.
    SOOOOO all we have to do is block the overhead for sideings or stopovers while we run something els around the layout.
    Neat ?
    Neat;) :p :D
  4. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Yup Chris. That is real neat. I have wanted to try something like that but was afraid to start because of shorts and insulating wires and stuff.
  5. interurban

interurban Active Member

It`s dead simple Dick we don`t worry about continuity, all our loops come back on them selfs.
    Think of it as the two tracks on the rail where you would normaly put two wires, right, now turn the track on it`s side and thats how the powers runs.:p
    Easy :p
  6. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

If I ever get tired of the layout I am working on now, I just might try it.
  7. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Great scene. Reminds me of when my parents used to take me to 69th Street Terminal via the trolley on the Sharon Hill Line.