Lake Erie & Northen? or Grand River, I`ll decide as I try and buld it

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
Lake Erie & Northen? or Grand River, I`ll decide as I try and build it

I have always wanted to have a go at these old Traction roads.
So here go`es.
The Picture is the LE&N the G R R was basicaly the same in operation. dispanded early 50`s:cry:

Attachments

• p1030057.jpg
    p1030057.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 230

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Visit site
After measuring the inside of the coach and makeing the brass frame I fitted the gearbox holders I cut off the white metal sw7 frame. Next is spaceing them the right distance from the ends.
The motor is glued in place on it`s side with clear silicone.

Attachments

• p1030071.jpg
    p1030071.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 201

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Visit site
Drill 4 small holes at the bottem of the coach just before the wheel mounts .Then drill matching holes in the brass and solder 1/16th pins in place .
This will alow the body to be snaped into place.
Note the balsa wood has been glued in place to accept the underneath attachments
Sorry I fogot to mention I have solder the two brass plates inbetween the channel:eek:ops: Thats what the motor is placed on and underneath the wood.

Attachments

• p1030073.jpg
    p1030073.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 196

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Gotta love them zebra stripes... Do you leave the rear fly wheel in place or do you extend the drive to the rear? I've got a couple of these Athearn motors just waiting to have something done with them. They're too reliable to just throw away.

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Chris:
If I remember all my reading correctly, GRR and LE&N ran as branches of the same railway and shared equipment.
Original numbering policy was that GRR had all even numbers, LE&N had all odd numbers. This fell by the wayside in later years.
I've still got some Christmas brass left. $20.00 for the unit? ;)

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Visit site
Thanks folks,, Hi David you are right on the money regards operations of the LE&N , and GRR.
The were built with stong roof`s to accomadate Pantographs, But never converted, also they never spent money putting frogs in the overhead to glide the poles at switches!!!Hence pulling the pole down at the switches:(
Now I may just alter that on MY LAYOUT:D :D :D as I don`t like poles that much.
I just want to build one 64ft Interurban,,, Just got to:thumb:

btw both wieghts stay on , the lenght of the unit decides if I can use both gear boxs. Thanks shaygetz