Kings Port Steel Co.

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by Ralph, Feb 2, 2003.

1. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

I've built some structures to accompany the blast furnaces I posted pics of last year. Here's the Kings Port Steel company, makers of sheet steel and tubular steel products.

Attached Files:

• kps1.jpg
      File size:
      16.4 KB
  2. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

The rolling mills are made of cardboard and are covered with corrugated craft paper.

Attached Files:

• kps2.jpg
      File size:
      15.2 KB
  3. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

The right part of this mill with the angular lines and smoke stack was originally a broken hand-held seed spreader. I was going to throw it out but it looked so ......industrial! :) The roof vents to the left are cola bottle caps.

Attached Files:

• kps3.jpg
      File size:
      14.5 KB
  4. Catt

Catt Guest

Hmmm,maybe the GVR needs a steel mill to service.Looks great Ralph.
  5. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Beautiful work!

Awww Ralph - that is one fine piece of modelling! I love the way you use found objects in your structures. It looks like Kings Port Steel is really expanding -- and I'm glad the company is becoming such a success story! I will be sure to tell the president of Inglis Appliance Mfg, when I next see him that there will be no problem meeting demand.
    Order to follow.

:D Val
  6. t. alexander

t. alexander Member

It all looks absolutely awsome Ralph!

Thats me, in the blue truck I'm waiting to get the honors of hauling the first load out.

7. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Great use of "odd" materials (like bottle caps, etc.) and excellent model building! Looks fantastic! :cool:
  8. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

That looks like the "real McCoy" Ralph!
    Fantastic modeling!
    :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
    Is it HO scale?
  9. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

Looks great Ralph, you did a fine job on it all, I also like the way you use things to complete the model, I do the same thing. Makes you look at everything differently. Keep up the good work friend. Jim :eek:
  10. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

Ralph, Like everyone else has said, great modeling! Ingenious use of misc. items.

11. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

An Impressive Industry...

I'm sure many will want to "steel" your super ideas. That's beautiful work.:)
  12. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

That industry is large enough, it should have its own, industrial narrow gauge railroad!! (or standard gauge) :D :D
    Impressive structure !!
  13. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Looks great Ralph, I'm with Pete, you'll need an industrial critter. May I recommned a 15 ton Mac with those fries? Or an MDT? :D :D :D

So many cool ninches to model get posted here it's hard to focus. Ya just want it all!
  14. Sir_Prize

Sir_Prize Member

More Cereal Box Killing!:eek:
    Looks ten times better'n what they did with'em.;)
  15. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Thanks everybody! It was fun to build and will add a lot of interest to the layout. Now I need to add some details and scenery around the mill complex. I also want to finish the river front that appears in front of the mill in the first pic. More pics later!

Oh, Jon and Sumpter...check the "Switcher for Kings Port Steel?" thread. :)
  16. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

One man's junk is another mans model railroad structure.
    Nice work Ralph.