Kinda funny, in a horrible way.

Discussion in 'Everything else' started by paper warrior, Dec 21, 2006.

1. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

I was doing some research on the Hetzer (WWII German tank) when I came across this photo. I hope they survived the B-25, it almost looks as they are smiling from the tank. This just goes to show, if you ever get drafted, join, or already are in the armed forces, PAY ATTENTION.

P.S. Looks like the Swiss version.
  2. nebeltex

nebeltex Member

as it appears the aircraft is in a right turn, any ordnace would sling to the left. highly likely that B 17 belongs to the luftwaffe. nice photo.
  3. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

I'm wondering if that's not a restored Hetzer being used in a reenactment somewhere. And BTW that's a B-17 coming in at it, not usually an aircraft that a tank would have to worry about.

4. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

The B-17 could make a sharper turn so as to be 20 or so feet to the right of the Hetzer then drop the ordinance knowing that it would swing to the left, about 20 feet. Although I did get the pic from the site of a guy who drove a hetzer in a re-enactment.

BTW this pic is just begging to be a diorama, maybe titled OH S***.
  5. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

Also the B-17 appears to have an O on the tail.
  6. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

I think it's still too close for a successful bomb run. That B-17 looks like the Lone Star Museum's Thunderbird to me.
    Oh, and with the bomb bay doors closed, add another 5-10 seconds or so before the bombs could drop.

7. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

8. -Jim G

-Jim G Member

Dropping slick hard bombs from a low altitude is also not good for the health of the airplane. Might be a good strafing run! 50 caliber guns might do some harm to the hetzer - (but not the norm for B-17s)
  9. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

Yeah, good angle for strafing, might even have shot a few in the hatch.That MG42 wouldn't have been very effective against a B-17.
  10. 57townsman

57townsman Member

How likely was it to find a lone Hetzer at the end of a runway in England:-D