Just joined the NMRA!

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by spitfire, Dec 5, 2002.

1. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Yep! After thinking about it for some time, and despite a lot of recent negative comments on the Atlas forum about the NMRA, I finally joined up!

My main reason is to be able to attend the big convention that takes place here in Toronto in July. There are going to be some awesome clinics and I'm really looking forward to attending as many as I possibly can, since I need to learn how to do everything:D :D :D

Now all I need to do is get my t-shirt printed up. What t-shirt is that you ask? The one that says in huge bold letters "Women run trains too!" It's either that or slap on an engineer's cap and a big ol' handlebar moustache... personally, I'm leaning towards the t-shirt!

:D Val
  2. billk

billk Active Member

I dunno - can you post a photo of yourself wearing the cap and moustache?:D
  3. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Save some time to see the displays, I went with the modular group to the show in St. Louis (2001), and we set up a 40' X 44' HO modular layout. We were one of many, and there were ideas to be had at every one. Enjoy,
  4. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

This is too good to pass up! How do you like my new look?

Attached Files:

5. msh

msh Member

:D !!!!ROTFL!!! :D
    You have GOT to go the the convention LIKE THAT!!!!

Very good!!
  6. davidstrains

davidstrains Active Member

Outstanding. I second the motion. That is THE look.
    Also ROTFLMAO.:D :D :D
  7. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Motion second and carried. Go for it Val:p :p :D :D
  8. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Works for me! :cool: :D
  9. Catt

Catt Guest

Do it Val, but get the T shirt too.:D :D
  10. Vic

Vic Active Member

Waaaahahahaha!!!!!!:D ROFLMAO!!! That's the best "GOTCHA" I've seen in awhile!!!:D :D :D
  11. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Welcome to NMRA, Val.
    The convention is a wonderful week. (I've only been to one -- back in the 70's). Next thing you know, a guy named Clark will be asking you to help out.
    I'm on one of the layout tours; I guess they want to show how not to do it.
  12. brakie

brakie Active Member

Just be sure to wear your vest with railroad pins with that hat and moustache! :D :D :D :D
  13. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Great disguise Val! I swear I've seen that guy at model railroad flee markets around here! :) Hmmmmm, makes me wonder...how many out there have received a train engineer's cap as a gift? I've been given four so far!
  14. Roger Hensley

Roger Hensley Member

Yes, welcome to the NMRA. ALso, one of the finest sides to the national convention is the Train Show. It is unbelievable! Be sure to take that in as well.

BTW - I know that I've seen that guy with the mustache at our train show/meets. :)

Roger Hensley – madisonrails@railfan.net
    == http://cid.railfan.net/ ==
    == Central Indiana Division, NMRA ==
  15. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

Welcome to the NMRA! I'm a life member since 1977, and I really appreciate all that NMRA has done for our Hobby. Think of the NMRA Standards - where would our hobby be today, when every manufacturer had its own standards?
    About your outfit: GREAT! Just take care that they don't promote you to honorary president or something like that!
  16. shamus

shamus Registered Member

I say old chap, the moustache is wicked:D:D

17. billk

billk Active Member

Gee - I'm SO glad I asked!
  18. aartwmich

aartwmich Member

ROFLMAO BBBRRAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA ohmy wiping tears..Go get Em Val!!
  19. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Why thanks old chap - glad you like it. It's a little ticklish but I'm sure I'll get used to it! :D :D :D :D

Bill - yes, it's all your fault!!!! Isn't Photoshop fun?!!

And to everyone who extended a welcome to the NMRA, thank-you. I am thrilled to be a member, and I think the convention in July is going to be a totally awesome experience. Can you believe that Dave Frary is going to be there giving a demo? Wow!

:D Val