January 04 Photo Contest - Archive

Discussion in 'Competitions & Challenges' started by shamus, Jan 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Okay, this month will be a "Model" either scratchbuilt or kitbashed or just plain out of the box as new. Its your model, you show. Contest will be judged on the setting the model was photographed in as well as the model itself.
    So even if you haven't got a layout yet, just make a small diorama to photograph it on.

Usual rules apply, no questions in this thread, start a new thread for questions.

2. camelot

camelot Member

This is a fire water tank car made from the famous MDC 3n1 kitbash range.

Attached Files:

3. interurban

interurban Active Member

This was the last Traction motor scratch built I manage to "do" in 2003.
    Here you see Her coming back to the shops after a grueling test run.:)
    She did have to have some alterations to Her radius turn ability!
    She is good to go now:thumb: :p :wave:

Attached Files:

4. trainworm

trainworm Member

flyin 'cross the desert

in some alternate dimension, the Union Pacific is still running passenger trains. here is a shot of their first F59PHI, number 900, as it leads a train of UP superliners across the Arizona desert, heading from Tucson to Yuma AZ.

already there are 2 excellent models, i dont think i stand a chance as usual :D :D :D :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  5. Xaniel

Xaniel Member

this my station, with the plasforms scrathbuilt. The kit is from Kibri, but the plaforms are made out of balsa.

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      File size:
      58.9 KB
  6. Arlaghan

Arlaghan Member

Wow! Lots of great entries so far! What a time for me to finally enter one of these contests! Well, here goes nothing:

Attached Files:

7. zeeglen

zeeglen Member

N Scale Pola kit quarry and ballast works. Vegetation is by Judy (naturally!).

Attached Files:

8. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

Tichy train ore car being pulled by a new geep in downtown Makayla. DASH

Attached Files:

• post.jpg
      File size:
      50.6 KB
  9. The boiler, shed, and details are part of a larger structure.

Attached Files:

10. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Here's mine - no scratching or bashing on this one, just some detail work.

Attached Files:

11. bpate

bpate Member

Britannia Creek Work Train

Hello fellas,

I have been busy over at the Railroad Line forum but have finished my first major project, with lots of advice and encouragement from Casey and the crew of RR-L so may I show off what I have completed?

Attached Files:

12. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

LPB Reprocessing Factory

As the name implies, this factory is for reprocessing my LPBs. You may notice the driver is headless. This renders even the most unruley LPB harmless and all out loyal to his owner. Yup, just snip off their heads and they are on your side. They might not look very prototypical, but you can get real work done. Anyway, this building is for chemically stripping off the LPB's clothes, then they get loaded in the gondo and taken to the other side of the layout, where they are shredded to be molded into accessories at a later date. They may end up as an animal, a wagon, or an outhouse. Who knows?

Yep, those are my meds in the background :D :D :D

Attached Files:

13. fifer

fifer Active Member

ATSF GP30 Headed Home

This is a LL GP30 shell modified and sits on a Athearn Chassis with a Kato drive from a CON-COR MP1500. It is HO but sitting on a track board on my N Scale Layout.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.