Jagdpanzer 38(t) Hetzer

Discussion in 'Kit Announcements' started by kampfflieger, Dec 11, 2006.

1. kampfflieger

kampfflieger Member

Little dangerous coffin:)

Attached Files:

2. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

Where can I get your models? Do you have a website?
  3. Alcides

Alcides Member

I'm an airplane guy with this little beauties you are getting my attention ;)

Roman, just curious. Are you designing with some CAD software?

Paper warrior

The work of Roman is available on:

4. kampfflieger

kampfflieger Member

5. charliec

charliec Active Member

I've got ask - why was the Hetzer (aka SdKfz 138/2) a "little dangerous coffin"?

6. kampfflieger

kampfflieger Member

"Grobik" (little coffin) was a soviet nickname of Hetzer. It looks like orthodox traditional coffins:)
  7. charliec

charliec Active Member

Thanks for the explanation. The Red army seems to have a black sense of humour about AFVs - I remember reading the T-60 light tank was called "a grave for 2 brothers".

8. kampfflieger

kampfflieger Member

Originally " Brother grave for 2". "Brother grave" is a soviet invention - many bodies in one grave. Less work:(
  9. Alcides

Alcides Member

4 days !!! and not news !!! :cry:

Roman this models is going to be available from www.hobbyfactory.com?
  10. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Goes with the German's nick name for the Sherman 'Ronson' like the lighter that always lit up on the first hit everytime.

kampfflieger has quite a few great table top pieces for 1.72 scaled gaming.
  11. kampfflieger

kampfflieger Member

I've send model to Hobbyfactory yesterday. Please be quite:)

More Panzerwaffe coming soon!
  12. the Hobby Factory

the Hobby Factory New Member

I think he meant to say "Please be patient", but the wait is over. The model is now available at the Hobby Factory.
  13. kampfflieger

kampfflieger Member

Sorry. My English is not perfect:(
  14. Alcides

Alcides Member

Roman, Sorry if I sound harsh. I was just asking. It was exaggerating trying to by funny.

I'm learning english too.

15. kampfflieger

kampfflieger Member

Do not worry:)
  16. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Shoot both you guys got me beat.............. native born and sometimes folks have a hard time understanding me!

Roman another great job...........but more planes..... please!:grin:

I seem to remember the Americans having such graphic names for the WWI planes the allies loaned them to fight with........... "flying coffins" comes to mind.

And for the Japanese "Betty" in WWII as the "lighter" because of it propensity to go up in flames easily.

17. nebeltex

nebeltex Member

it is true that some AFVs from ww2 had a habit of "lighting up" like a ronson. due to expedient manufacturing, some shermans equiped with aircraft engines (and no "wet" ammo storage) were unfortunately known as "tommy cookers". the description of such events are horrific. it is because of such things that inter-war vehicles were deisel. modern "halon" systems allow turbine power of multiple fuels. nice job with the hetzer design. cheers, c.b.