Jagdpanzer 38(t) Hetzer

charliec

Jan 18, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
kampfflieger said:
"Grobik" (little coffin) was a soviet nickname of Hetzer. It looks like orthodox traditional coffins:)

Thanks for the explanation. The Red army seems to have a black sense of humour about AFVs - I remember reading the T-60 light tank was called "a grave for 2 brothers".

Regards,

Charlie

Stev0

Jan 30, 2006
Goes with the German's nick name for the Sherman 'Ronson' like the lighter that always lit up on the first hit everytime.

kampfflieger has quite a few great table top pieces for 1.72 scaled gaming.

Bowdenja

Sep 26, 2005
Madison, MS
Shoot both you guys got me beat.............. native born and sometimes folks have a hard time understanding me!

Roman another great job...........but more planes..... please!:grin:

I seem to remember the Americans having such graphic names for the WWI planes the allies loaned them to fight with........... "flying coffins" comes to mind.

And for the Japanese "Betty" in WWII as the "lighter" because of it propensity to go up in flames easily.

john

nebeltex

Feb 3, 2004
texas
papertigerarmaments.com
it is true that some AFVs from ww2 had a habit of "lighting up" like a ronson. due to expedient manufacturing, some shermans equiped with aircraft engines (and no "wet" ammo storage) were unfortunately known as "tommy cookers". the description of such events are horrific. it is because of such things that inter-war vehicles were deisel. modern "halon" systems allow turbine power of multiple fuels. nice job with the hetzer design. cheers, c.b.