It's Monday, weekend accomplishments!

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
Well this long holiday weekend is at an end, did anyone get any modeling done?

Believe it or not for not having anything planned I got alot done. Saturday in between laying brick for a sidewalk and waiting for the sand to dry so I could use it, I finished prepping two engine shells, yesterday I added details after all the hoopla, and today I painted both, later I am going to decal one or both, depending on time. Tomorrows a 6AM start.:thumb: Forgot to mention they were an RS11 & F7A.

Hope everyone had a great weekend:)

I did run trains to get out of the heat in the cool basement;)

SAL Comet

May 13, 2004
N.W. Georgia
Does this count?

Spent the weekend turning cows into flame broiled goodies, making chinese black powder into ashes and scrap paper, and inspecting the bottom of the local micro-breweries bottles.

F

Fred_M

It rained so yardwork got pushed back :( So I worked on my warehouse and got it about 1/2 done. Fred

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Well, I built a still, a pickup, a railcar, a camera and photographer, a Gauge Box, and painted five figures :) as well as attended my daughter's Baptism :thumb: and our Churche's Fourth of July cookout/celebrations. Still ain't got that Hudson back together though. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• rocketA.JPG
    rocketA.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 103

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I assembled the two halves of my layout and put legs on it. It now stands at 43" which I figure is a good height for working on. Now I've got a good dimesional idea of how it fits in the room for the upcoming expansion. Next I need to build a platform for my MRC sound and power 7000 and speaker. I also hung a couple railroad pictures up in the rec-room.

Oh almost forgot, insprired by Shaygetz, I started making my own 1924 Nuhdin special. Ive almost got it ready for painting and whilt I'm at it I've got an Alloy Forms 1956 ford PU that I'm rebuilding.

F

Fred_M

Shaygetz, your pictures are becoming fun and humorous. I for one love them. The liquid fuel rocket motor is totally over the top! Fred

Chessie1973

Nov 22, 2003
Tacoma, Washinton
Visit site
Shaygetz you never cease to amaze me with your modelling ideas. but a rocket powered delivery truck?

Man those LPB's must be hitting that home meade liquid "lubricant" pretty hard.

As for my weekend accomplishments , I put some finescale grabs on my MOW flat and on my CSX caboose priject that I am working on. built and installed the Atlas Trackside shanty kit I bought, Redetailed mom's B&O caboose by painting all the molded on grabs with white paint and helped her get her train back on the track.

She surprised me today by laying some ground foam on the layout so now it is beginnign to look like a railroad and less and less like a chunk of wood with track on it.

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Apr 23, 2001
The middle of nowhere Oregon
Visit site
I got the computer desk and everything that goes with it moved out of the train room and set up in it's new location. Now all I have to do is finish picking up the little bits and pieces that were left on the floor and vacume and I should be ready to start on the first leg of the layout. Will try to take pictures and post them as I go.

i ended up getting a couple more noses and sub bases glued together for my other 3 SD40T-2's. still waiting on another 123" nose. and i found out that i ordered the wrong anticlimbers...so i have to get more today.

i also finished up the decals on my 2 Southern Pacific GP9's. now i just have to weather them and give them another coat of dullcote and they will be ready to sit on a shelf somewhere :D :D

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
The frame for the RPP GP60.
This one is a little different from the GE frame.
The frame rails were formed into a J shaped rail from sheet brass, the bolsters were designed a little different and the motor mount is more like a saddle to hold the Atlas motor.

Attachments

• Jul06012.JPG
    Jul06012.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 71

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
Ray,
Did the pilot on your U33b originaly just have a big hole so that truck mounted couplers would be able to swing on curves? I'm asking because I've go an old RS-10 that I'm looking at rebuilding and I need to fill or create new pilots
abw.sized.jpg

I was thinking of cutting off the pilots and replacing them but your way seems easier to me.